Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Owner's season pass in Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help Very Happy

After 12 years of looking and saving we have at last got our own place in Montrigon, on the funicular upto Les Arc 1600, yippie

Does anyone know how to get discount on season passes? As property owners is this possible? We use 'ski zen' at the mo, but this year want to ski for 5 weeks, as you lot know with 5 in tow it gets very costly??

Hoping you guys out there may know better Smile

Ta

Chrissie

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 20-08-14 17:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome, Montrigon,

I'm sure a more local will be around with definite knowledge. You might want to change the thread title to indicate the question a little more clearly?

In Chamonix you need to have a valid "Carte Residence" or maybe a Carte Gens de Pays for good discounts. You qualify for the Carte Res be paying correct local taxes, which as an owner you will have to do.

There are then various purchasing windows, the earlier you buy the cheaper it is.

We get extra discounts by buying a couple's card.

You probably want to a. subscribe to the local lift companies newsletters and b. investigate what info you can get from said company and maybe the Mairie. Our Mairie issues Carte Res and it takes about 2 weeks to process. So you want to get that under way sooner rather than later.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your help, I am new to this and have not got a
clue what to do i.e. thread name, any help love to
hear it?

All your advise I will look into, thank you

I wish I was good with this stuff too....

Chrissie rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Montrigon, change it to "Owner's season pass in Les Arcs?" - go back and edit your original heading.

Not all resorts do discounts to property owners. Some do discounts for anyone who buys early (best discount often for buying before end October). They might only just be getting all the information together though - they're all still busy with the summer season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Montrigon, if you created the thread (which you did) then if you click on the little scissors icon to the right of the original post, you'll be able to edit the thread title as well as the post.

I'd change it to something like "How do I buy cheap Les Arcs/Paradiski season passes" or some such.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A key point in the Les Arcs area is whether you pay local income tax. If so I think that it's during september that you can get the real cheap deal from the lift pass offices (I saw a really naff notice last year on the board inside Super-U, easy to miss). I tried blagging "of course I pay tax locally - habitation and fonciere. only to be met with a benign smile of the "we know how to keep within European rules and still exclude as many foreigners as possible" type and sent on my way.

There is of course the early bird season pass, available via the website and indeed available to all. Not such a good deal, but a decent discount. Had a quick look but there are no details online yet.

Have you seen this?
http://www.nirvanalps.com/
loyalty thing meant for people hiring out accommodation, might be of interest.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Montrigon, Just double checked, for Chamonix you can get a "Carte Residence Secondaire" qualified by Taxe Foncier (or whatever it's called now). That gets you discount which vary depending on when you buy your season pass.

I know that the situation in the various PDS resorts are quite different. And I don't understand how any of them get around European rules. But long may it continue.

Ask as soon as you can at the Mairie and the lift office. Cham starts selling in early October. Big price hike at end October and no discount after November 15 IIRC. It's not always well publicised on the website.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
think you are in the paradiski area? skialacarte.fr was worth using before. see also: http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/ and the edenski thing (this covers the whole area). as others say above, you need to be fully tax paying local to do better. if you are not in paradiski, i am losing the plot and apologise
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would PM snowhead rob@rar and say pretty please as he owns an apt in Les Arcs. There's also a chap who runs a small business near you that writes this blog:

http://grangedalice.blogspot.fr/

He's also a snowhead but I cant remember his username for the life of me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Montrigon, You can normally buy the Paradiski season pass at a discounted rate if you buy it before the end of November. I doubt you will qualify for the 'locals' rate as you will not meet the criteria and being an owner of a second home gives you no real privelege when it comes to purchasing a lift pass.

You can see more information in snowcrazy's Les Arcs thread (it is about 50 pages long though) or look at his posts on this thread about the La Plagne season pass http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=81248&highlight=
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guys, I have been brave and sorted the new thread name!! Thanks for all your help, we pay our local taxes but not income tax:-( we work out of UK:-) I will look into more of what you have said and let you know how I get on...it's all so confusing...all I know is I love it here, the snow, resort and people who we have met are fab, just wish we could spend a little less!!!!

We are here at the mo, the weather is nice and been out and about, walking , riding our bikes..... Saw marmots today, how cool is that?

If anyone knows anything else please advise

Over and out for now

Montrigon.

Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All resorts are different but next door in the EK you only need your Taxe Fonciere bill to get so much off. More if you register with the Tignes Proprietors' scheme and if you get 16 weeks occupancy its then half price until mid nov.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Montrigon, I just saw your post. If you send me a PM either here or over on my Les Arcs Winter facebook page or the Les Arcs Summer facebook page I can answer most of your questions about being an owner in this area. Some interesting comments on here, but many do not apply to Les Arcs and the Bourg commune. Do not buy an Edenski season pass. If it stops working you will have to drive to La Plagne to get it fixed instead of two minutes down to Bourg on the funi from where you live.

If you want to meet for a chat and drink or even get out on the mountain when it stops raining. I am around for a few more days. PM me.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter or https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer

You can also follow the Les Arcs season thread on snowheads which runs each season. The current thread for this year is here.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=102352&start=600
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In most resorts, getting the "resident" season pass depends on whether your Taxe d'Habitation statement is marked with a "P" for Primary residence or "S" for Secondary. It has to be "P" to get the locals' price.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There used to be a discount for owners of holiday property on Les Arcs/Paradiski, but this was discontinued a few years back (can't remember exactly why, by "EU rules" seems to ring a bell). All that seems to be on offer now is the early bird discounted rate which is publicly available, which I think must be ordered by 10 December or thereabouts.

There is a scheme for property owners to encourage them to rent their place during the season. Points are accrued by your guests when they buy a lift pass (they get a small discount on the lift pass price), and with sufficient points you can get free lift passes - the more points you accrue the more free days you get (up to a free season pass). You will need to open an account and register your property with http://www.nirvanalps.com/ (copy of one of the local tax bills is sufficient to prove ownership).
latest report
rob@rar, how do they track your guests, especially if you aren't there to shepherd them?
snow report
under a new name wrote:
rob@rar, how do they track your guests, especially if you aren't there to shepherd them?
Your guest needs to take a little card with a barcode printed on it to the lift pass office (have a few of these cards in my apartment attached to keys). Barcode is scanned and points accredited to the owners account. The scheme isn't perfect, e.g. it doesn't seem to work for guests who buy their passes online, but if you have a lot of guests during the season the points will steadily build up. I don't rent out my place that often so the scheme isn't of much value to me, although I think I'm within striking distance of enough points for a free season pass.
snow conditions
rob@rar, Montrigon, There is still a scheme through NirvanaAlps for leaseback owners - which has to be validated by your rental agent (in our case PnV) that gets us quite a few pennies off when we buy up to 7 passes at a time, 3 times a season.

So long as they are bought on the same transaction, they can be of varying length, and a mix 'n match of Arcs or Paradiski. It can get quite complex working out which passes work best on that scheme, and which to buy though other discount options... (including the aforementioned early bird season passes - I think the cut-over point for them is anyone skiing more than 3.5 weeks?)

I think you're right though Rob: as an independent, you get points towards your own ski passes through your renters, and aren't eligible for the 'instant' discounts. (and if you are, let me know! It may be a contributing factor in the ongoing "Are we going to continue in leaseback?" debate)
snow report
From the La Plagne perspective of Paradiski passes, today the only way for second home owners to get a discount is though Edenski before the December cut off. A season pass breaks even after around two and a half weeks skiing (and a season pass automatically gets summer passes free of charge). As mentioned above some EU rule came into play and the Residents association were no longer able to be given special discounts not available to the general public.
Local residents who can prove they live there year round still get a good deal! This from 2011
Quote:
Of course you can get an Annual pass for as little as €44.50 IF you can meet the residency requirements/proof.
http://www.ville-aime.fr/forfait2011/retardataire_resident.pdf

With new lifts costing 7 or 8 million Euro's each they understandably try not to discount their prices
snow conditions
Arctic Roll wrote:
... and if you are, let me know! It may be a contributing factor in the ongoing "Are we going to continue in leaseback?" debate
Not as far as I know. The only scheme which I think applies to me is the points scheme. Unfortunately I don't ski in Les Arcs as often as I would like and haven't had a season pass for the last three seasons, so I tend to use the points for free or discounted weekly passes.
snow report
Arctic Roll, We are not part of a leaseback scheme but as owners still get a much higher discount that available to our renters. I have never been asked for ID at the lift pass office, just hand over the purple card. We let our apartment via alpes-horizons. (which reminds me where did I put that card?)
ski holidays
johnE

Any more details? Are you referring to Les Arcs ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy