Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB are doing a survey

Poster: A snowHead
SCGB are doing a survey into peoples ski holiday wants, needs, habits, and probably why people don't seem to need some monolithic old-boys-club to tell them what to do anymore...
So what - big whoop - who needs the SKGB anyway right?

Well, they're ponying up an iPad mini for one person who enters, so it may as well be a SH who wins it. And while this dilutes the chance of me winning, I'm feeling altruistic today so I even fixed the busted link that was embedded in the email from HH Snowcentre the survey was mentioned in...

http://skiresearch2014.snowcentrehemel.sgizmo.com/s3

Enjoy.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey, what ever happened to the Goldsmith guy who hated scgb? did he died?

(actually I hope not or that was a very insensitive question)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dulcamara, Join the WTF ski club on Facebook and you will find him.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beware very long survey!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"do you own your own skis"

"do you take them when you go skiing"

WTF indeed rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
musher, that does actually make sense... Lately a lot of hire clients say they have their own skis but it's cheaper to hire in resort than to put them on the plane...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dulcamara, I just presumed that he had got the sub-editing job at a local newspaper that he had always wanted.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albinomountainbadger wrote:
musher, that does actually make sense... Lately a lot of hire clients say they have their own skis but it's cheaper to hire in resort than to put them on the plane...

I did that last Easter, but then that's why I don't usually fly EJ.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Toofy Grin That was fun, I hope I didn't mess up their results by being honest on my responses ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Makes no sense if you fly BA, Swiss, Lufthansa. Those "hire clients" must be bankers! Toofy Grin (or bonkers! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That whole "Oh its too expensive to take my own kit" thing baffles me. You spend £500 on skis then don't want to pay £50 to move them to where you'll actually use them? Like buying a sports car but not putting petrol in it because it's too expensive.

The only time i've not taken my snowboard (or multiples there of) is a trip to the glaciers at L2A in the summer because I was only planning to ride half a day a day in the park and suspected ruinous amounts of rocks to be poking out so I hired a junker.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done it.
Found the 'most important / least important' questions quite difficult because they change for me depending on the holiday! Short break with friends - short travel times. going at Christmas - need somewhere with guaranteed snow. Wanting to go on a course - need preferred company to go there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
livetoski, likewise!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Going where? Not flying UK -> Geneva. I'll grant flying with them isn't that much cheaper than hiring.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gave up when it wanted answers about money.
snow conditions
Suspect it depends where and what you hire as regards the cost, but we're not talking about people leaving a full touring set up behind here, more the classic punters who just take a gamble on red skis and probably have a pair of ten year old Salomon Extremes in the shed. You know, SCGB types wink
ski holidays
question 30 - need to be able to select more than 1 country
laundryman, didn't ask me any questions about money, unless you mean whether price is more or less important
snow report
holidayloverxx, it asked me 2 questions about money. One was how much do I spend on travel/accommodation and the other was how much on meals/drinks etc. No flipping idea, to be honest. Depends if it's a cheap chalet later than late deal or a planned nice hotel hol. I do both!
snow report
maggi, yep, I gave up at that point for exactly that reason.
snow conditions
It has probably detected your aversion to vulgar commerce as matters for the grasping lower orders and therefore pre-approved your SCGB membership pack and sent it to your butler.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways, Thanks, If I win, you can have half.
latest report
It's about time all the surveyors stopping thinking in terms of ski "holidays" and started thinking in terms of days skied per season. I know some ski nutters on this website may be at the extreme end (I count myself in the addict club) but surely the time has come when many more people DIY their trips, even though the vast majority probably go for a week once a year, despite yearning to go more often.
snow report
maggi wrote:
holidayloverxx, it asked me 2 questions about money. One was how much do I spend on travel/accommodation and the other was how much on meals/drinks etc. No flipping idea, to be honest. Depends if it's a cheap chalet later than late deal or a planned nice hotel hol. I do both!

Oh, I see, I didn't think you meant that. it was easy enough although my most recent trip was totally unrepresentative of my usual trips - I thought they were askign about the most recent trip not in general
snow report
Pretty much every question was very specifically about "your last trip"... NVM, fewer piranhas in the tank trying to win my ipad.
ski holidays
My most recent trip was the EOSB so I was able to regale them with the beautiful anarchy that comes with the sh "company". Probably should have added summit about much better than Freshmugs.
snow report
Beware very long survey!

Wasn't for me, 6 questions and that was pretty much it. Could have something to do with the fact I've not had a skiing holiday since 1998...
latest report
Hmm.

Which of the following ski companies did you travel with most recently?: snowheads

How likely are you to recommend the company you most recently travelled with to a friend or colleague?: 10

Reason for score: Snowheads bashes are friendly and flexible enough to cope with all standards of skier beyond beginner. Unlike Freshtracks holidays, they are not ageist.

Just trying to be helpful.

For the question on what decided the skis I bought, there was no option to choose "because I tried and like them". I wonder why not - it must be the deciding factor for many.
snow report
Odd.

A very short and pointless survey when I replied that my last ski holiday was more than 2-3 years ago. So my opinions don't matter despite ~50 days on snow last year?

Anyway I went back in and redid it answering as though I took ski holidays. As above, rather long, and some very odd questions.

Hey ho.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
musher wrote:

WTF indeed rolling eyes

Actually the first of these questions was "do you own skis or snowboard or boots?"

Well I only have my own boots so I had to write that in as my reason for not taking my (non-existent) skis on the plane.
You do wonder if they test these surveys before putting them out...
snow conditions
agw, yes I thought that odd
snow conditions
I suspect that Lubyanka has been training it's minions by placing dummy questionnaires here in the past. This one bore all the hallmarks of past incursions.
latest report
I got the survey in the latest hemel snow centre email.
latest report
Hey - I refuse to be a minion of anyone who doesn't have a volcano lair or better...
latest report
musher wrote:

WTF indeed rolling eyes

Actually my parents own their own skis but haven't taken them with them but hire in resort to avoid the cost and hassle....
ski holidays
Actually the question was
"Do you own your own skis, board or boots"
My answer Yes
"Do you take your skis or board with you"
My answer No
"Why don't you take your skis, board or boots with you"
My answer - Other - Because you didn't have "I take my boots with me" as an option

Pedantic - Moi?
latest report
skitrack wrote:
My answer Yes
My answer No
My answer - Other - Because you didn't have "I take my boots with me" as an option

Pedantic - Moi?

Hmmm see your point now Happy.
snow report
Flawless pedantry! Advance to Go, collect 1 free internet.
snow report
skitrack wrote:
My answer Yes
My answer No

Pedantic - Moi?

I imagine that the assumption is made that if you have boots, skis and or board you would always take the boots with you since these are easier to pack for an airline trip (hand luggage or hold luggage) than are skis or boards without special provision. So to say "I take my boots with me" is not needed as a response option.
latest report
halfhand, but because of the ambiguity they will get a skewed response
snow conditions
halfhand, In which case "boots" shouldn't be in the first or last question of that series
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy