Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Landslide near St Moritz

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/ostschweiz/story/Alle-Passagiere-sind-gerettet-18005231
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On BBC too...

Quote:
Swiss national radio reported that one carriage had plunged into a ravine and another was hanging from the rails.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plunged is a bit too much, the picture show it at a steep angle but only a short distance from the rails, 5 people apparently with serious injuries and 2 with minor but no fatalities, very frightening for the people in the carriage that went down the side of the ravine and almost as frighting for those in the carriage behind that ended up hanging over the side, fortunately thats a fairly slow rail link, from memory I think it may be narrow gauge as well a high speed derailment would have had far more serious consequences
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apparently there was also a landslide in Pitztal today, parts of a road washed away near Vent (quite far up Ötztal) as the Venter Ache topped its 100 year high water level. The wave on the Inn at Silz looked more like something from the Nile, and the Wellebrucke section of the Ötz (where the Sickline kayak world champs race is held) is utterly insane - pretty sure there'll be some significant changes in the course for this year! Luckily it looks like levels are dropping off for now (at least in Ötztal and Pitztal, the Inn in Switzerland is still rising...) though.

The breaking section is a good 2-3 metres high:

Wellebrucke:

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Plunged is a bit too much, the picture show it at a steep angle but only a short distance from the rails
I bet it felt like a plunge if you were on it Shocked !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999, that last photo - FFS Shocked Shock Exclamation
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict, I'd not disagree
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999, Jesus!! And the uk panics over Bertha's sloppy seconds!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robboj, PaulC1984, yeah it's pretty nuts!

Just to show what it looks like in normal flows, here's Brit Joe Morley's winning run form the race last year:

http://youtube.com/v/e3ezba3DNgA
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
WOW fair play to Joe, but I bet even his rear would twich (and no doubt follow through) at the thought of tackling it now!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What the Hell is going on with Alpine weather this summer Puzzled. I may well have to review my standard sales line to folk who've never been:
Quote:
You can generally rely on decent spells of warm (if not hot), settled weather from May to September - it's not like the UK you know.

Bergmeister was at our apartment in Tignes last month (he thankfully managed a couple of decent, sunny ski days among the downpours) and spoke to frozen first time visitors who said they were so cheesed off by the weather that they were finished with the Alps in summer.... Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict, Pussies!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Its been p.....g awful weather generally this summer, serves me right for always banging on about how amazing the Switz weather is in the summer Blush
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swissie, aye.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999 wrote:
Just to show what it looks like in normal flows, here's Brit Joe Morley's winning run form the race last year

Are these pure time-trials or are there any other judging criteria? Sorry, don't know much about paddling. Impressive stuff.
latest report
dogwatch, 100% down to the times. Not the most gnarly rapids in the world (at normal flows!), but racing changes the game totally compared to normal paddling. Winning Sickline is seriously impressive, as unlike most other big races that just draw 'normal' proffessional kayakers, Sickline is filled with real slalom atheletes and olympians.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy