Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Patella Tendinitis :-( ..or not :-)

Poster: A snowHead
Just when it was all going so well I appear to have developed Patella Tendonitis - all symptoms point to it. I can't walk more than 30 yards without pain...burning sensation below the kneecap and shooting pains round my knee (and it's proper ouchie Sad ) .

I'm ok going up and downstairs, it seems to be when I've taken a step with the bad leg and I am at the point of pushing through my toe when I've taken the step with the other leg (does that make sense?)

I had a phone consult with my physio last night and will see him on Friday for propeor diagnosis and treatment, maybe some taping. In the meantime ice and stretching... I'm going to try and avoid painkillers as I want to know when it's better.... which has better be soon flights booked for end of November!

Wondering about a patella specific knee support. The Bioskin I got on Jonathan Bell's advice is too tight now as my muscle mass has increased so would have to replace it anyway. Any recommendations or not necessary?

That'll teach me to try and skip! Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-08-14 15:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, J suffered for quite a while with it. Knee taping helped a lot, although he admits now he was still in some pain when he was skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, sorry to hear it Sad I suffer with Achilles tendinitis and what has been helping me hugely is foam rollering my calves. I wonder if you could foam roller the relevant muscles to try to help with the patella Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, potentially - need to check with physio and how to do it properly
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had this, had loads of physio but it would always come back whenever I walked any distance. I found it was better when I was cycling and taping did wonders
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, sympathies, that sounds horrid. Skipping? When my sister tried it she wet herself.... Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lynseyf, I'm really worried that my rehab will go to hell. I still haven't built up full muscle mass in my leg and if I can't exercise I'll be really set back Sad

pam w, Laughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 12-08-14 15:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, what a bummer, when you were doing so well Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, Aarrrgh! Poor you after all the work you have put in! Hopefully it is just a blip

pam w, Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, damn! Sad Hope it sorts itself out.
pam w, Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, I couln't walk any distance at all but was fine cycling and actually found the tendonitis got worse weeks where I didn't cycle. Obviously talk to your physio, might also be worth a trip to a bike shop to make sure your bike is set up properly to not aggravate your knees
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lynseyf, if I ever get my bike out I will! Just doing exercise bike at present, although I have been out on my real bike once this year
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, wait and get a diagnosis. Not much call for bracing for patella tendinosis.
So don't waste money on one.

Could just be patella femoral pain( which is a better diagnosis to have as more likely to settle)

Jonathan Bell
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, what kicked this off? Were you doing some kind of exercise or activity involving knee bending?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
peanuthead, couple of days after a new exercise programme all knee bending (rehab)...also tried skipping rolling eyes

Jonathan Bell, thanks. Physio visit tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
I had this from football. Turns out skiing was good for it. the tendon I had the problem with takes weight going down stairs.

Physio sorted me out.

good luck.
ski holidays
Back from Physio, unlikely to be tendinitis as I have full ROM and joint seems OK. Putting it down to patella femoral pain at the moment so hands on manipulation, calf massage, stretches and taping. Off games for another week and not to walk too far without a plan b for getting to where I need to be (does that count 2 strapping lads at work offering to carry me when I couldn't go on to get to a meeting Laughing )

and strict instructions to step away from the skipping rope wink
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Phew! Hope it's better soon.
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Back from Physio, unlikely to be tendinitis as I have full ROM and joint seems OK. Putting it down to patella femoral pain at the moment

A much better diagnosis to have than tendinosis. Should settle fairly quickly.
Jonathan Bell
snow conditions
Jonathan Bell, thanks.... I hope so. Little walk up to town was fine earlier today. evening excursion of similar distance was "knacky" (my northern friends will understand the terminology - it means hurts like Be Nice please! but we just get on with it ...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy