Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste Courses Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Evening all

No doubt this has been asked mmaannnyyy times, but I couldn't find a recent post, ssooo..

Looking to do an off piste course in tignes (Jan2015), any recommendations on companies to use?

Narrowed it down to

TDC, Evolution2 and Ultimate Snowports

Not sure whether I want the odd session of a 3 day morning course (probably do the 3 days) so anyone's experience that would be great
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TDC
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
to the point Happy, they must be that good Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snoworks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FlyingStantoni, had looked at snoworks, but they only seem to do 5 day courses. No doubt they are great, but facied sticking to the 3 half days Off Piste and the rest On (because im a pussy and love skiing in crowds!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not like you'll be that interested in skiing pistes if you get halfway decent conditions so you might as well make a week of it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes, haha this is very true, and I imagine youll be correct, but my brother and friends who wont go off piste, might get a little piste off (see what i did there!) if I disappear for the week. Was hoping to use is as a chance to get some practice before the snowHead BB so I dont make a total T!T of myself Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PaulC1984, do you want instruction or guiding?

These guys are good, but meet in Val D'Isere....

http://www.alpineexperience.com/

I'd also say TDC are good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, I was thinking more of instruction. I am decent enough on piste, but have never strayed from groomers. I want someone who will kick me up the rear and help me improve and i guess im more likely to get this with instruction and pratice.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TDC then and our very own snowhead Steve Angus Smile

http://www.tdcski.com/val_disere/about_tdc_valdisere/

and his thread on here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2560519#2560519
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, thanks. Yes i think steve might do the trick Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snoworks All Terrain course. 5 half days (mornings or afternoons). If you're in the lower groups (Levels 3 or 4), you'll spend some time on and some time off-piste, depending on the conditions. Highly recommended.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PaulC1984 - check out Mountain Tracks for a full off piste course if you want to make a true break from the groomers. We run courses in Ste Foy, but on a 'safari' basis and usually ski in the Espace Killy domain for 2 days of the course. The chalet we use is only 15 mins from Tignes Les Brevieres. The intro courses are designed to give people the nuts and bolts technique for adapting to off piste along with a whole lot of mountain awareness and avalanche training with safety kit to make you safe. We usually do a fair amount of on piste work to tidy your skiing up and add new skills - the percentage time depends on conditions, client abilities and goals. Lots of video analysis and mountain awareness sessions in the evenings.

There are intro courses running first and last weeks of January. Chalet based with half board and you get to hang out with all of your course mates. Makes a great week. http://mountaintracks.co.uk/trip/off-piste-performance-intro-sainte-foy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ESF do fantastic off-piste in classe 4 and will cover major ground in one morning. You can join their groups a la carte. I plan to go with them in January
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PaulC1984, when are you out in Tignes? Some of us maybe out there early jan and were thinking of getting a guide a few days. You're welcome to join if you like.
snow report
Rishie, Im there from 3rd to 10th Jan! Toofy Grin
snow report
PaulC1984, aha, so are we. Just need to book and all will be good. Drop me a pm with your email address and I'll keep you posted.
snow conditions
Diverskify, I'm liking the look of your Ste Foy trips Cool
snow report
Diverskify is there anything going on over new years week. I'm in les brevs and thinking about joining a couple of days off piste
snow report
Hi Mosha Marc, Glad to hear it. Come along. The courses are great!

Lift FafferUnfortunately no courses in Tignes during New Years Week, only in Chamonix.

If the Three Valleys floats your boat for a bit of off piste action, our January courses are now confirmed to run Very Happy
ski holidays
Matt @ Ultimate Snowports
snow conditions
Another vote for TDC.

Did an off piste adventure week with them last season. One of the best things I've done. Completely changed the way I look at Tignes now!
snow report
New Gen are also worth looking at -http://www.skinewgen.com/ski-schools/tignes/ski-snowboard-clinics/
snow conditions
Did five days in Tignes with Ultimate Snowsports. Four of us booked up and got a discount. Unfortunately two guys dropped out just leaving the two of us (shame Razz ). Had some great fun enjoying what Tignes and Val had. Unfortunately it was mid-March and had not snowed for a while. Hard pack with no fluffy stuff. Not too expensive either.

I joined an ESF off-piste course in Monchavin-La Plagne a couple of years ago. Really was guiding but had a fab time. Only anglophobe in the group though. Did guiding with ESF on a ClubMed hol in Avoriaz - pretty good too. Although I would not write ESF off did prefer Ultimate Snowsports.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy