Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort recommendation needed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry I know it's that time of year when the board is full of people looking for resort recommendations....

I've been starting to do some research on where to go skiing next year, and thought I'd throw it open to the forum to help me build up a shortlist.

My first trip was to Andorra (Soldeu), and then following that I've been to Val Thorens 3 times, which I love, but feel it's time for a change. We'll probably go in March/April as my mates always like to get a bit of sun with their snow - so while it doesn't have to be really high, I guess it can't be really low.

Other considerations...

- lots of blues/reds to ski
- ski in/ski out ideally
- fairly lively apres ski
- ski cross course ideally (great fun!)

I realise that I might need a compromise or 2 and that's fine.

I've been looking at Alpe d'heuz (thoughts?) but any other recommendations welcome!! Cheers Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
March/April I'd look at Tignes or if the nightlife is priority Val D'Isere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Arcs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What did you like about Val Thorens? Did you ski across all of the 3 Vallees, and is a big area important?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val disere is great and pretty high skiing if you are going in April.

I went to Les Gets last year and the night life nearly killed me. I don't know whether we were just lucky but we arrived on a Tuesday at midnight and went for a couple of quite pints in the canadian bar or whatever its called. We started walking home at around 1.30 and found a bar with loud music. We went in there and did some shots and then it emptied and everyone was going to the bowling bar. We went in there and it was heaving, some kind of fancy dress night and we did more shots until 4am. At this stage I decided I wanted to go home and go boarding the next day and we all left. We got to bed around 5 and didn't go skiing until midday....pathetic show.

The next night we went for a meal and a quiet night and on the way home saw the same bar was heaving again so we wound up doing shots again. Unfortunately the next day the conditions were crap as it was a white out with soggy, wet, heavy snow so we went to a wine bar and drank all afternoon. On the last night we went for a meal with the promise of an early night to actually do some boarding. We had a meal and walking home we heard some noise, we found a bar with a band playing so we went in and started doing shots again. We left at 2am with 3 of our party actually staggering and my brother veered off to the right, starting walking in a circle before doing a face plant in someones garden on the way home. It was very funny and a few of the guys stayed out later. We got up at nine and had a reasonable last day on the slopes but all in all it was far more of a drinking fest than a skiing fest and I felt a bit disappointed afterwards.

Maybe we just caught a good week but it was far too much for a group of 45 year old men if you want my opinion Smile

Les Gets is also very low so in april would probably not be a great choice.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Handy Turnip, have a look at the Les Arcs options, pretty good at that time of year for snow due to height and options for apres ski
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers for all the suggestions! I've not thought about Les Arcs before, so will definitely have a look at that (I may be back with more questions!).

fixx, having been to VT a few times we now ski quite a bit of the 3 Vallees but that's not because we really need that size of area, it's just nice to explore a few new runs and areas every year. Something the size of the VT and Orelle area would be fine for us. I love the fact that everywhere is ski in ski out (it's also important for my mates who are not so ski obsessed as me so I try to keep it all as convenient as possible). Plus we like a beer at La Folie Douce, and there's enough bars/clubs to keep us going.

I can definitely relate mheadbee, we're all 41 so we can't party like crazy every night anymore but it's nice to know that we can have a couple of really late ones during the week if the mood takes us. On other nights a few bars will keep us happy.

Mistress Panda, I was actually looking at Tignes for a potential summer trip (bit of skiing, bit of biking etc) so will definitely take a look again. I'll also take a look at Val D'Isere.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy