Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Show for Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
I am thinking of going with my son to the ski show in London in November, specifically with a view to trying and buying us new helmets. I assumed that there would be a reasonable selection of retailers there to allow us to try a variety to get a good fit, rather than buying online and risking an unsuitable purchase.
Presumably plenty of you have been previous years so can tell me if there is normally a good choice of retailers present?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, welcome, great first post.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't forget to take your goggles.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
broadsman, welcome aboard. There's normally a good array of retailers at the shows, with a good selection of helmets, although the trader aspect of the show has been steadily shrinking the past few years. As you suggest, use the show as a try-b-4-u-buy session, find the right fit and goggle combo which works for you, go have a horrifically overpriced sausage-inna-bun and a beer and get on your phone and google the ass out of your chosen kit and see what you can get it for online. Compare the prices, you may find that you'll be paying a premium for buying at the show despite offered sales and discounts. You might be able to haggle them down but don't expect the big vendors (S&R, Ellis Bingham etc) to move much on price.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi broadsman. We went a couple of years ago. There is quite a lot of choice. We both bought helmets and goggles. It was the first place to have enough choice to be able to find the right combo. My wife bought a jacket and I got a really rather good pair of inserts for my boots. And the prices were around what I expected. I'm always up for a deal but the advantage of a bigger name is that you're able to take/send it back if there's a problem. A guy in a shed on eBay might be harder to find!

I don't know what you're like at shows and big events but I found it noisy, crowded and overpriced (these fancy London types). And I came away a little unfulfilled: it's a show all about snow and mountains and skiing but with no snow, mountains or skiing.

So, in answer to your question, yes, I found there was loads of choice. And helmets/goggle combination is a good reason to go. It might be a while before I go back, though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alternatively you could visit Covent Garden at the same time of year and try all the stuff at Ellis Brigham and Snow&Rock without having to pay an entrance fee
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Too true Arno. And spend the money on a slightly cheaper burger.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what Arno, said or go to Absolute Snow they have loads.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If the show at the NEC is anything to go by then Id second the idea of finding whats right and then googling it. I bought the same bag from the exact same store that was in the show and it was much cheaper online. In the show they said it was reduced from £110 down to £80 but online it was reduced from £50 down to £35. Other than that I felt the entire show was a rip off and a waste of time and I even got the tickets for free. As the others have said, you might aswell go to snownad rock
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy