Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - town nightlife guide

Poster: A snowHead
Please can anyone who knows St Anton really well contact me via pm to provide some up to date knowledge on the local bars, nightclubs and restaurants

thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
why PM - I'm sure others would be interested?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try this http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/about.html

Sidney Reilly (not his real name) is also an occasional poster here so pm him or Stanton.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Anton real nightlife died circa yr 2000 when they relocated the Railway for World Championships. Many Bars & clubs, restaurants closed down over the last few years due to the explosion of the allin Chalets concept.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From what I've seen there's a lot of "invasion of the Boutique hotels" which is restricting old school nightlife e.g. Funky Chicken. I know this was down to some town mandate about only encouraging 4 and 5 star development.

Still if you can't find somewhere to get drunk, loud and singalong/play bongos in St Anton then you probably aren't cut out for the whole nightlife thing anyway.

Otherwise this has everything you need

http://www.ultimate-ski.com/ski-resorts/austria/tirol/st-anton/bars-restaurants.aspx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
St Anton real nightlife died circa yr 2000 when they relocated the Railway for World Championships. Many Bars & clubs, restaurants closed down over the last few years due to the explosion of the allin Chalets concept.

Aw, you just want any new visitors to St. Anton Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand wrote:
stanton wrote:

Aw, you just want any new visitors to St. Anton Laughing

There is plenty of room for more visitors, you can even buy Hotels & Chalets at this time! Nightlife its better to take the train to Innsbruck Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agreed the nightlife isn't what it used to be. Still there tho, depends on what you want really, and also how heavily you hit the Après.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, this thread is really going to cheer Buzzfan, up NehNeh
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are heaps of bars and restaurants in St Anton. And plenty of partying.

If you look carefully off to the edge of the dance floor in the gloom there is a small tired group looking on from the sidelines, clutching a small beer they've been nursing all night, muttering "ooh me creaking joints, it ain't as good as it used to be, have you listened to what they call music now and can you believe what she's wearing..." Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or... Can you believe what she's not wearing... Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just go to the ski school and ask for an apresskilehrer - they have many, all very experienced wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is suppose to be a brand new nightclub this season wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
There is suppose to be a brand new nightclub this season wink

well I'd better pack my bags and limber up my 53 year old joints for a night of disco oompah Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dode wrote:
Or... Can you believe what she's not wearing... Very Happy

Hang on this is St Manton you are talking about. Any "she" is quite likely to be a bloke in drag.No offence to the middle aged fraus channelling their inner Miley Cyrus at the Mooser intended.
latest report
halfhand, They have not started on it yet but if its up & running for this sesson you can expect
to pay around €25 for a spirit & mixer Very Happy
snow conditions
stanton, Oooh, bargain wink Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Buzzfan, I could no doubt answer your questions, but apparently I am "down a crevisse" and so cannot do pm's?
snow conditions
Hehe, St Anton is fun... Many funs!

Had many funs last season! Liver and wallet regret it, but I don't!
snow report
stanton, dont be such a naysayer! There's more than enough clubs/bars/apre ski in St Anton to keep one having fun and intoxicated for a week!

and dont start with the "in my day it was better" rbbish, it makes you sound like my gran rolling eyes ... everyone had more fun "before", thats because during "before" we were all young!
snow report
dulcamara, Innsbruck is better Happy
ski holidays
Sankt Anton has a population of like 10,000 at best, innsbruck has like 100,000 and a uni, of course there's more but is it worth the 3 hour round trip when you're on holiday?

Plus if you go out in St Anton everyone else is also on holiday and out to have the best night ever... have certainly had more fun in SA than Innsbruck! Well drunker and stupider nights at least.... (would post pics as evidence but mates would kill me wink )
ski holidays
Yeah, I've had plenty of party nights in Innsbruck, but that's in a student-town-party sort of way.

It would be a bit perverse to go from St Anton to Innsbruck. You might as well say you'd be better off in London for nightlife. You would in a London nightlife way. But surely that's not why you'd go to St Anton.

St Anton is loads of fun and there are plenty of girls to party with. If you can't find either it's not St Anton's fault.
latest report
I must have been to all the gay bars, I never came across that many women, they don't call it St Manton for nothing.
snow conditions
jbob, Could be the girls were already taken? wink
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
I must have been to all the gay bars, I never came across that many women, they don't call it St Manton for nothing.

Definitely less of the fairer sex in St Anton and most of the lookers are usually paired up. If you are a man on the pull then it's probably best to use the "GUE" technique*

* Go Ugly Early

wink Toofy Grin
snow report
jbob wrote:

Personally I found St Anton full of hot Swedish seasonairres...
snow report
... called Sven? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I never really thought St Anton as being that bad in that respect. It might have been because the seasonairre population is quite mixed so never really noticed it except for a Kandahar night.
ski holidays
my theory is that most of the fairer sex dont like the vile, stinking, sweaty flesh pits that St Anton is famous for....

The few nights I went to Bobos I was very impressed however wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy