Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine or les gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hoping for tips. Bringing family and staying in morzine at Xmas. Levels are intermediate, me
2 good second timers, 1 I'm here under duress but can ski blues.
3 kids , 6 5 and 4, never skiid but will have had a full day at snowdome
My preference was to ski out if les gets, but we couldn't get suitable chalet for dates
Because I felt the big green was good as well as the Indian reservAtion for the kids
When last in morzine, I always skiid straight to les gets, but the ski hire
Was super. And right at the gondola. So, big question is what's the nursery stuff like
At morzine? What would you do? Soz for long post, TIA
ALAN
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alanjx, welcome to snowHeads Very Happy

I've always skied from Les Gets side (we started out there and have had many trips since) but honestly I really wouldn't worry about being based in Morzine. Good quality instruction is the important thing (BASS Morzine is highly thought of here). Don't delay booking lessons for peak times Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alanjx, I have instructed in Morzine & Les Gets for the past few years and from experience would suggest if you prefer skiing in Les Gets and have beginners then that is the best place to be based. Les Gets has better beginner progressions, wider pistes and a more entertaining children's area. I am a big fan of penguin border but you can't beat Indian village Smile! Realistically with beginners of that age it will take till the end of the week (if at all) till they are ready to travel to les gets without getting a wide snowplough that is hard to shift or knocking their confidence so if you decide on Morzine be prepared to spend most your time on the Pleney.

This season a few of us have started our own project www.pds-academy.co.uk This is our current holding site and hope to have our official one ready soon but please feel free to get in touch for any help planning your trip.

For child care I would strongly recommend getting in touch with Louise at www.morzinechildcare.co.uk as a qualified teacher she offers well planned and entertaining experiences for the kids in both Morzine and Les Gets.

Hope this helps Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks igLou

And jjc, I have sent an enquiry via the website to see if there's something we can doregards

ALAN
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks igLou

And jjc, I have sent an enquiry via the website to see if there's something we can do

regards

ALAN
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alanjx, I would pick Les Gets ahead of Morzine as well. We have stayed at both and found the Les Gets slopes better and the snow there may also be better than Morzine - nursey slope will be a little higher I think
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^ +1 Les Gets better for beginners. IMV Morzine better if you're more advanced, but primarily for access to rest of PDS.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A great advantage of Morzine is the access to Avoriaz and the rest of the Portes du Soleil, but as you'll have the little ones you probably won't want to be heading that way much (if at all), so I'd stick to Les Gets, you'll also probably find cheaper deals there too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy