Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instruction Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Chamonix on 17th March. One non skier, two experienced skiers and one less experienced snowboarder (sons girlfriend).

Plan at the moment is for two skiers to go out together and snowboarder to go to intermediate ski school.

As far as I can tell the ski school is 4 half days ending at 1pm.

Can anyone advise whether the ski school tends to stay together after this time or will she be left to her own devices. Any recommendations on ski school.

We could ski in the same area and take care of her in the afternoon, and we could ski with her for the last two days, if we must. I would prefer to have a bit more indepencence than that though,
particularly as we would be tied to the same hill.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Instructor will leave and the learners will be left to their own devices, should they choose to stay together will depend on the dymanics of the group and their repsective friends and other halfs. It will depend on the levels of the learners and how comfortable they are making their own way around the hill but as a beginner with little or no experience I would want to be with someone who could both show me around and help out if I got into difficulty (caveat :- more experienced hill sliders tend to under estimate the difficulty of a run or over extimate a beginners experience and skill level which can lead to tears).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
as an addition what is often the best aproach if You don't want to slide with the less experienced is to find a couple of runs which both start and end at the same place which let's the better folks have a play, but keeps the less experienced in a contained and safe area for regular check in's, preferably near a bar/restaurant In my experience.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The ski school constraint (assuming you're looking at ESF or evolution 2) is that I don't think they run group lessons on a Saturday, that's a private tuition only day. However, they will still do private tuition on these Saturdays and that is very good value from the ESF - E90 for 2 hrs at that time of year at le tour or argentiere, not sure if Cham ESF is more expensive. Sunday should have a group lesson (it's day 1 for most people) or private will be available again.

You could consider private for the last couple of days. In fact, you could consider private for all the days and learning to board as a group, depending on the snowboarders level. She might find it more fun being the best rather than the worst... And since this is your potential daughter in law I'm sure you want to make a good impression Very Happy !

If your sons girlfriend is very cautious, then at le tour there are some good green runs at the bottom where you can't get lost (I let my 7 yr old ski them independently) where she could practice, but unless you want to spend time doing drills you won't want to be on those slopes.

The groups may or may not stay together depending on the people, but one nervous intermediate looking after another might not be what you're after!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy