Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MPV from Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am visiting Chatel in early Feb and flying into Geneva.

There are 4 adults and 2 kids in our party and we were considering getting an Espace size MPV rather than 2 cars. We are not taking any skis or boards. Can anyone advise if we will fit everything in (we pack fairly light I guess) ? I don't mind being a bit cramped for the trip to Chatel as it's not too far.

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IME, MPVs don't have a great deal of lugagge space. You would be better with 2 cars. I think an Espace (not owning one) has about the luggage carrying capacity of a large saloon.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
philstor, if you can remove one of the seven seats, you should be ok, assuming little in the way of ski equipment and lightish packing, some into smallish bags you can squeeze into smallish spaces. The MPVs with the biggest boots are probably the Grand Espace (though I haven't looked at the latest one), followed by the Toyota Previa (which comes with the added advantage of not breaking down) and the Chrysler Grand Voyager (which really has lots of passenger room, rather than lots of luggage space). These have boots which might be just about the size of an average family saloon. All other MPVs I've seen have boots which are markedly smaller (certainly much less usable) than an average family saloon. I can pack 3 adults and 3 kids in with skis on the roof for my drive down quite comfortably into a Previa. snowHead

Oh, I forgot the Kia Sedona. I think the boot in that is relatively big too (still no bigger than a family saloon) but the car itself is a bit rough round the edges and I may be wrong but I don't think the seats come out.
latest report
 brian
brian
David Murdoch, probably less than a large saloon, unless you can take a seat out. I rented an Espace in Nice a couple of years ago for 6 and they (Avis) wouldn't let us take a seat out. Luckily the bags got stuck in Schiphol so they were brought to our villa later that day but we had to make 2 trips to the airport on the way home.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy