Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New blue run back to resort in Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The new blue is to be ready for Dec 15! I've seen it being dug out this week. It will be between the Diable 1 & 2 black runs. It's a huge project for them with earth movers all over that area. Exciting times for 2alpes Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tallblonde, lots of earth being moved by the looks of it. Hopefully by the time I get back to LDA I'll be good enough to go down Valentin or one of the Diable runs to avoid the carnage that will no doubt occur on the new blue.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In LDA at the moment and have some good pictures of the works but no idea how to put an image into a post on this forum ? Only have access to an iPad or iPhone . Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This one shows nicely the beauty of unspoilt nature at Les 2 Alpes

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On the one hand I really don't like pistes being blasted/dug through hillsides - on the other, LDA really did need another easy-ish run down. Personally, when I was let there, I found that Y (or whatever they call it now) was a decent run home, and relatively uncrowded. Valentin was miserable because so many were falling down it, it became kinda hazardous.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, L'Y, it's Diable 2 now, disappears with this development I think Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting debate on the radio his morning. The BMC are saying that the paths on Snowdon should not be improved any further. It is degrading the character of the mountain and encouraging more poorly prepared walkers to attempt what is quite a challenging peak. It is regularly leading to accident and even fatality.
Its an old debate but do the same issues not apply to Alpine ski resorts ? Should engineering solutions always be found to overcome natural difficulty sometimes at the expense of the mountains special qualities ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/5XUFS2tvAYs

550.000 m3 of earth being moved around and a budget of 10M Euros
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les 2 Alpes was already one of the ugliest resorts in the Alps.
And they were already known to be not too considerate regarding nature preservation.

But what they are doing here is unheard of and never seen before.
This is not a mountain anymore. This is an industrial complex. A refinery that converts snow and skiers into money.

I'm very much in favour of modernisation and also extension of ski areas. But this goes too far even for me.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blot on the landscape...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks bad now, but once grassed over and settled in it won't look too bad. Ski resorts alter the landscape for sure, but the damage is largely surface deep,
the most obvious evidence being gaps in forests below the treeline, and huge areas are untouched.

it may be harsh for conservationists to accept, but there has to be a balance between local economic need and countryside use.

In the UK the Ramblers and groups like Friends of the Lake District seem hell bent on preserving a land scape that is only 2 or 3 hundred years old (dry stone walls etc) at any cost to
local people, opposing and scheme they don't like or that might allow others to enjoy the countryside in a different way (mountain bikes, zip wires, power boats, etc).
Steadily people are being priced out of the villages they were brought up in, making living in the Dales or similar a privilege of the better off.

I say fair play to the folk of L2A if that's what they want, and how they want to use their countryside.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Steadily people are being priced out of the villages they were brought up in

I agree that's a shame but it's a process likely to be hastened, rather than not, by major development.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Would have been a whole lot more attractive to employ some download police to get more people to download. I'll laugh if reports this winter suggest the new run is just as much of a cluster#### as the old green.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, I disagree. Development means jobs, and someone has to do them. Can't see most people over 30 on here working in
cafes they don't own or driving piste bashers in winter, then working as builders labourers in summer.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agree with thecramps, its looks dreadful now, but next summer it will be grassing over and will eventually look fine. The resort we go to alot....can't think of the name.....remodelled all the area at the top of the Gondola last summer / autumn,
and it looked really really dire, its now getting lots of green and will look fine by next summer. The new LDA blue splits half way down and goes two ways, it will be fine, esp as they are cannoning it all the way down. I wish more resorts would create more
runs rather then more uplift.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy