Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Squaw Valley-thoughts and tips please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mr P's son (L) and his girlfriend have landed jobs in the kids ski school in Squaw V next season. So rolling eyes we have to go and ski there this coming winter. It's a hard life being related to a professional ski instructor..... Last season Japan, this season the USA.....and all I want is a cheap trip to Bulgaria....

Any thoughts about good places to stay for us ? L plus girlfriend will most likely be living down the road 20mins. Should we try and stay in the developments at the foot of the mountain. What's it like for restaurants etc? We don't need loud nightlife, but it would be nice to meet up with them in the evenings a few times, but also have easy access to the skiing. We will undoubtedly have a hire car. When is the quietest time to go?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skinanny has the full lowdown on working at the ski school.

Personally I'd stay in Tahoe City or Truckee as they're a bit more real than the village at Squaw which can get very dead after apres beers at the Chammy or Cantina.

Squaw kicks ass and has a high population of really good skiers. Avoid US public holiday weeks and bear in mind California has been in drought last couple of years and even then often has had sustained blocking ridges in January. Personally I'd shoot for March if I had to shoot blind.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy