Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lower leg pain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
PAIN IN LOWER LEG
Hello!

I have during the past three seasons (or more) been having problem with pain in my left lower leg. when I have been skiing for ~2 days, I start to feel pain.
It is mostly my left leg :S, It is really painful when I am leaning back in my boots or applying pressure to this area:

It's on the outside of my leg. new boots did not help (krypton pro) Sad

I am skinny with skinny legs (125lbs ~56kg 170cm), but my boots fits good....

If i rest for 2 weeks it gets better, but it comes back as quick.
Thanks! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really difficult on the info provided.

First thoughts are is it only present in boots? Or do you get at at any other time.

If it is only in boots , its is your setup>
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only in ski boots
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Revolutionrock,

If only when leaning back in your ski boots; don't lean back!

Why are you leaning back when skiing?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sometimes you just get in the backseat, after a landing or a bump etc..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe this helps.
http://www.epicski.com/t/100515/pain-soreness-on-side-of-lower-leg

CEM is the main man at solutions4feet, probably best you visit him or someone with similar expertise local to you

http://www.solutions4feet.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unless you have a structural problem (which would require a scan to find out) it's most likely a muscle that's tight or has some form of chronic damage following an earlier injury. If it's as suggested in the picture it's not a muscle that's used all too much or easy to stretch, so it could just be that the actions you make skiing are different and it's not used in the same way at any other time of the year. If so then copying the same actions throughout the year could help loosen it, though it'd probably be more effective to use a roller - it'll hurt but will make it more flexible.

When I got my boots fitted they also gave me a couple of exercises, one for my big toe and one for the back of my calf, as they were both very tight. It was only a week or two before my first trip that year so didn't get much improvement in flexibility. The boots were a huge improvement (i.e. first ones that ever fitted) but didn't fully remove all pain. The next trip I did 6 weeks later was virtually painless following the exercises. Not that my problems were the same as yours, but the way it came on after a day or two and hurt only when used or when pressure was applied seem similar.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Revolutionrock,
How much preparation are you doing before you ski?

It is very common to get quite significant pain in the soleus muscle if you aren't used to using it.

This muscle has to work very hard when skiing so it may be that you are just getting delayed onset muscle soreness.

It will also be quite tender for a few days.

It should improve as you ski more.

If it is always present when you ski/put boots on regardless of how much you have prepared /skied then i suspect it is a boot setup/fit problem.

Jonathan Bell
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Revolutionrock, any symptoms away from the painful area? tingling? cramps?etc
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just pain when applying pressure, and sometimes pain when rising from a squat like position.
I'm starting to think this is a nerve issue, and that I have ignored the symptoms for to long (~7 years Embarassed ) and damage something, because I'm too lazy to get it checked out by a professional. maybe it's time...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy