Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine, Les Gets or 3V Chalet recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi – I’m looking to book a chalet for a fairly large group of 10 + although numbers still to be confirmed for January 10th. Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget Chalet (500 or less) with a remit of

Breakfast, evening meal with wine
Transfers
Saturday – Saturday
Flights Not Included

It doesn't have to be in the resorts listed but to give an idea of the type of ski and atmosphere we’re aiming for.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 16-07-14 8:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JohnBoy0701, welcome to Snowheads snowHead - what dates?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's always worth looking at La Tania. There are lots of owner operated or small chalet companies there who may just about fit the budget in low season. Check out www.latania.co.uk which has a lot of links to them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jan 10th
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In La Tania I can put in a good word for Snow Retreat. http://www.snowretreat.co.uk/ They don't do their own transfers but these can be easily arranged from a third party. It's a small company run by the owners who live in La Tania and they manage to consistently hire excellent staff. The chalets are well placed and well looked after too. I've stayed with them a few times now and they have always been faultless.

Also in the 3V you could do worse that check out Ski Amis. They're definitely pitching themselves at your requirements as they also do transfers and are usually fairly cheap, though in my recent experience having used them both Snow Retreat come out slightly cheaper and better. I've stayed with Ski Amis in Les Menuires in one of their Reberty chalets and they are very well placed for skiing, if a little compact.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski Basics in Meribel Village. Excellent team, and the chalet we stayed in was really pretty good. Chalet Cret de la Neige. I think it slept 12 (perhaps 14). Joe and Tim were outstanding hosts (I've reviewed them elsewhere on this forum).

Pros - really lovely chalet with big bedrooms, lovely common area with open fire etc, and Ski Basics are a really good outfit (been to 3V with them twice now). Excellent drop-off and pickup service to slopes. Great little bar (Lodge du Village) in Meribel Village.

Downside. Slopes are not really walkable as Cret is quite down the hill from Meribel Village. You can walk up and down, but it's through a path through sme trees up past another of their chalets, Chalet Marini. Not much nightlife around the village itself (although getting into Meribel with a lift is not so bad at all).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In terms of location look at the freeridelodge, but sun-sun. The compamy has not failed me yet. Smile
But the chalet is not new.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnBoy0701, +1 what Perty, says
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Family friendly in la tania do a jan special, a bit more than you want, but you do get ski passes, equipment hire, free child care if you have kids, transfers included.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Best chalet I've experienced, and you might get close to the price with those numbers, is Rude Chalet in Morzine. Really good food, really good staff, and very well equipped with video consoles in all the rooms (so you can watch DVDs or kids can play games to keep them occupied) certainly worth considering.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
budget chalet here

Pros: cracking atmosphere in the bar, runs a BBQ in spring/summer and curry night in winter which seems very popular with locals
Food was good when I was there

Cons: not close to slopes, although they did minibus wherever I wanted each day

http://www.jollygood.com/Morzine/W_Sherpa.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For January, £500 is a pretty good budget so you'll be able to get somewhere nice.

Can i ask though, why do you Say Morzine or Lets Gets when they are part of the much larger PDS (includes 12 resorts in total) then ask about the 3V as a whole? it seems you're limiting yourself when it comes to the PDS... everyone knows I love Chatel in the PDS and think it's better than Morzine & lets get - but that is my experience and my opinion Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Insiders, haha, personally I prefer Morzine but yes, OP should consider Chatel as well.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No reason for limitation - open to any suggestions really, the 3V appeals for shear vastness of slopes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy