Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Ski Instructors opening Ski Schools in Austria...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, yes that is my perception as well based on SB's approach in the UKIP and BASI meeting videos. Based on what you've said it does appear that he could have got his grandfather rights but didn't. Someone from BASI there at the time said on FB that SB refused to take the grandfather rights. I can personally sympathise with his thinking but my experience is that his approach is not the nost effective approach on the continent to say the least.

The different views on here stem from the different cultural values and experiences of those living in or near the mountains and those coming from outside as opposed to right or wrong. If you don't understand the local cultural values which is difficult if you haven't lived in these countries and speak the local language with some degree of fluency then it is harder to empathise with the opposing point of view which gives rise to the issues and difficulties in winning your case.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haggis_Trap, good point re SB , on the Patente ratio I think a key difference to France is that ANY ski school can hire lower levels not just Training Centres that have 10 Carte Pro's (obtained through the French system, equivalence doesnt count) and a BEES 2 (higher than ISTD, similar to BASI trainer) on staff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haggis_Trap, thanks. I think you are right on SB from what I've also read on here today and I think SB has said the same on FB.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Under the original grandfather rights / ET agreement (circa 2001) Simon Butler would have been able to legally work in France.
However he would not be allowed the employ other lower level instructors as he had done for the 10 years previously.
Perhaps this is why he didn't formally accept them ?

Haggis_Trap, where do you get the idea that he didn't formally accept them? AIUI, he didn't get them originally due to correspondence going to his English address when he was in France - as skimottaret said happened to a number of people. But that was all sorted. How could he get an ISTD without grandfather rights, since he has not done the ET?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haggis_Trap, agree Switzerland seems to offer the best pyramid for progressing British ski instructors, i.e. there is an opportunity work from L2 and then pay and status can progress through L3 and L4 to Patent level. Ironic this being from a non-EU member country while Austria and France are more restrictive.

skimottaret, not sure I fully understood the doc, but think I can see how that agreement lost recognition for our ISIA/L3 in France: "BASI accepte de ne reconnaître, au niveau Européen, aucun autre diplôme que celui d’ISTD." C'est vrai?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
balernoStu, Yes that agreement killed off ISIA's being able to work in France without doing the TT. I know a few people who were affected by this and lost their status. Big George in Morzine, a couple in Tignes and others...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy