Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

honeymoon skiing!!!

Poster: A snowHead
So I have been given the go ahead by the "wife to be" that a skiing honeymoon would be acceptable!!

Thus I ask you good snowheads for advice/recommendations....

January skiing only

thanks in advance Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs Ansta1 and I had our Honeymoon in Vail, was lovely.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it was me and budget wasn't an issue I would go here.

http://www.arlberghospiz.at
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jackson Hole and do dog sledding, hot geysers etc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had a skiing honeymoon and went to Brekenridge for 14days in April '98 Cool

Keystone and A Basin are only a bus ride away and we had a couple of days off skiing during the fortnight for snowmobiling and other day trips.

We really enjoyed the town as it felt more like a town in the mountains rather than a ski resort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski wrote:
Jackson Hole and do dog sledding, hot geysers etc

Did dog sledding, balloon flight, and snowmobile as well as a bit of shopping plenty of skiing and the other required honeymoon stuff.. fnarr fnarr.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure that dogging is a regular honeymoon activity.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would choose Nozawa Onsen - a different experience and lots of spa for the wife.

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For our honeymoon we had a week skiing in St Anton staying here http://www.antonerhof.at/en/ and then flew off to St Lucia for a week recovering from the skiing on the beach.

It was pretty much the best holiday I have ever had and one I would love to repeat one day although I could do without getting married again.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends on budget.

Zermatt is hard to beat for views/skiing/eating but will cost ya
Dolomites are beautiful too and great food... and much easier on the wallet
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do you both already ski? If you are beginners be warned it's pretty tiring and you won't have a lot of energy left for Apres Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dolomites (Sella Ronda) has the advantage that you go via Venice so can spend a couple of days there if you want.
What is your ski standard and do you do off piste? This affects what places you might like.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zermatt....any number of stunning boutique hotels to chose from. If you fancy a double ended bathtub with a Matterhorn view...this is the place to go! You can justify the expense as it's not just any old ski holiday...great skiing, great food, and good "wellness" facilities in the posher places. I have always fancied staying at the Hotel Matterhorn Focus for the full on bathtub experience, though of the few hotels we have tried on short breaks (which is all we can justify and in the pre season), I think our current fave is the Europe Hotel and spa. Lovely service and a comfy but cool vibe.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We honeymooned at jasper and Whistler.

Nice trip , with an overnight train between the two.

Jasper was really fab; got that whole cold, warm fires, stuff going on. Recommend the Park Lodge
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Get married in secret in Gsteig.

Most romantic place ever.
snow conditions
Jackson is a good call for somewhere totally different from most ski resorts. Friends of mine honeymooned at the Banff Springs and said they felt a little bit torn on giving up skiing to do other "experience" stuff like dog sledding and high tea at Chateau LL.
snow report
We did Whistler for Honeymoon, staying in the Fairmont Chateau. Amazing !
snow report
SnowMonkey69 wrote:
We did Whistler for Honeymoon, staying in the Fairmont Chateau. Amazing !

And that was just the Aussie liftie girls getting their yayas out for free booze on payday Fridays at Merlins over the way. wink
snow report
A vote for Chateau Lake Louise. Sadly we only spent one night there (as part of a road trip) - it's absolutely amazing and great value as winter is low season.
snow report
If you go to Chateau lake Louise do the high tea thing its fab the view is stunning, summer or winter.
snow conditions
Another vote for the Fairmont Chateau Whistler over here. It was 10 years ago, mind, and we went early December on honeymoon. Had a week in and around Vancouver/Vancouver Island (float plane rides, Butchart Gardens, fabulous restaurants etc) then drove up to Whistler for a week. Fantastic deal for Fairmont Gold Floor rooms in Victoria and Whistler (ordinarily waaaay beyond our price range). Staff everywhere were unbelievable when they found out it was our honeymoon - really unforgettable. Beware though, the bar has now been set and wifely expectations are of something similar for all major anniversaries!
snow conditions
It looking like 10 nights @ fairmont, whistler....

seems like a good deal compared to doing top end stuff in europe

thanks for all the advice SH's

on the verge of booking!!

cheers
Smile
snow conditions
GlensheeFerg, I would have thought you would have something else in mind on a honeymoon rather than skiing, but each to his (or her) own !
ski holidays
deerman, wink 10 nights in a 5 star.... rest assured its more than just the skiing!
snow conditions
Ours was in Sauze, for particular reasons I wont go in to we spent a week with my parents and my (new) stepdaughter.

Still a good holiday though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy