Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier for a month, any tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

I’m thinking of renting an apartment for five weeks, from the beginning of January, in Serre Chevalier. I was wondering if any of you had any tips about the area?

Which village is best to stay in? I’m thinking Villeneuve, but that’s only because it’s in the middle and still relatively close to Briançon on the bus. How does it compare to the other villages? How easy is it to get to Neighbouring ski areas e.g Alpe D’Huez, La Grave, Montgenevre?

Obviously, I’m looking for the best deal on accommodation possible. Currently I’m going through the online rental sites, can anyone recommend any agents in the area to contact? I’m looking for an apartment for at least six. Although I’ll be there by myself for most of the month, I’m going to have my family and friends over some of the time.

Has anyone used New Gen in Monetier? Are there any other ski schools people rate?

Is there a discounted price on a season pass if you buy early, and if so when can you get them from?

Those are the sort of questions I have. If anyone has any other pointers, they’d be appreciated!

Thank you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
eversolazy, I'm sure [b]hells bells [\b] will be along with loads of advice when she's back from watching the tour de France
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice. I was up there a couple if weeks ago, it's lovely.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eversolazy, I am doing just that next season but just for 4 weeks. A great place to spend a month or so as you have easy access to other resorts, but you will need a car to get there. You get 3 days of skiing at Les Deux-Alpes, Alpe d'Huez, Montgenevre, Sestriere, and Puy St Vincent are included on the season pass which breaks even at around the 3 week mark if you buy before the end of October for a 25% discount, and a free summer lift pass included. It is only 20 mins on the bus from Briancon to Monetier. New Gen in Monetier are excellent. Contact melanie @ eurekaski . com she may be able to help with accommodation and New Gen as her hubby runs the ski school. You can bus to La Grave, but there might be an early start and a bit of hanging around at the end of the day to get back again.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Hells Bells, I'll drop Melanie a line.

What's Monetier like as a place to stay? I get the impression it's got more of a village feel than the other resorts. Is that right?

Tour operators always seem to do day trips to other resorts, I wonder if the reps would let non clients join them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eversolazy, you can book day trips to other resorts with these people http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com/en/services-pricing/services/ski-away/. Monetier does have a more traditional village atmosphere. There's been less development there, and the slopes are usually quieter too, although none of them will be crowded in January. Villeneuve is also a lovely village.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's good good to know Hells Bells, I'm trying to negotiate taking the car with me, but it"s not going well!

What would Briançon be like to stay in? I'm assuming it would be cheaper, but I worry if it's a bit out on a limb as far as the skiing concerned. Also, I'm guessing it would be easier to meet like minded folk in one of the villages.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eversolazy, Briancon is fine and yes, it is cheaper but you do have to be careful where you stay. The old town is some distance from the ski lifts (steep hill down and back up), but there is a bus service. It tends to be quiet in January too, as many of the visitors are Italian. Seasonnaires are more likely to be in the main villages.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah ok, I'm not so keen on hills you have to walk up!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
eversolazy, then look at the main villages, there is accommodation in Briancon close to the lifts though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy