Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski the whole 2015 season in Switzeraland for Free

Poster: A snowHead
nixmap, I already have an order in for the popcorn!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
last week to apply before the list closes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I think the role changes as life goes on, by now I seriously doubt my kids would have any use for an English Ski instructor, other then some form of Schadenfroh entertainment.

what's wrong with English ski instructors then Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nixmap, purely out of interest, and not wanting this to to sound like I am getting at you, but how many people do you have coming forward?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PaulC1984 wrote:
nixmap, purely out of interest, and not wanting this to to sound like I am getting at you, but how many people do you have coming forward?

plenty to choose from when it gets too many to handle I close the list not all are fully serious.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nixmap, I can imagine!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I truely wish I could put my name down for this, but my bucketlist has just grown by one...........Work For Nixmap.

Now which one do I remove to make way for it..........Climb Kilimanjaro, or appear on an episode of Jeremy Kyle.....Decision Decisions snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiteman69, perhaps if you DID manage to work for Nixmap, option 2 above would be a natural progression

wink

nixmap, teasing! I'd do it if I wasn't blessed with a still-dependent family
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vkiteman69, volunteer for nixmap you mean Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Montana, PaulC1984, cheeky Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Applications are now closed,
Thanks everyone for all your support and helpful comments.
Hopefully this year we will finally get someone who will write an anonymous blog......
Maybe this will help unwind any mysteries.

Still waiting for news of the PSB, see you all there.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nixmap, You do know that an anonymous blog, created by a new user will only lead to scepticism and the thoughts that it is indeed you writing the review Toofy Grin , alas you can never win. In any case lets hope we all have a good winter and lots of snowy fun Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh FFS can't anyone accept that NM isn't trying to pull the wool?

Or am I just bring naive and living with the ideal that there are actually normal people in/on the internet?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
homers double, Well im certainly not sticking up for Nixmap, I never have. However having only been on the forum since the start of the summer, I cant bash him/her totally either. For me time will tell. If they turn up to PSB and are genuine and we get a genuine review from a trusted snowhead, then that should put things to bed. However I can not see this happening, so we can look forward to the same fun next year Toofy Grin

Perhaps admin would be kind enough to just renew this whole thread next year, and save us all going through the process again Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

If they turn up to PSB and are genuine and we get a genuine review from a trusted snowhead, then that should put things to bed.

Lol this place is too funny sometimes, sure paulc1984 they totally owe you/every snowhead that. rolling eyes
snow report
For all the people who think they would be good at this, keep an eye on Greycoat Lumley's site.
ski holidays
geeo, Im not, nor did I ever suggest they owed me anything Mad I don't need convincing either way, as Id never take up the offer. I was referring to those snowheads who are sceptical.
snow conditions
nixmap wrote:

Still waiting for news of the PSB, see you all there.

Will keep an eye out for anyone wearing dark sunglasses, a false wig and waiving non-disclosure documents about Toofy Grin Laughing

If there is a 13ft dump and you turn up in a soiled monkey suit and bicorn hat, then I will truly piss myself with laughter Laughing
snow conditions
Cacciatore, are you suggesting nixmap had a 13ft dump to soil the suit? Happy
ski holidays
PaulC1984 wrote:
If we get a genuine review from a trusted snowhead, then that should put things to bed....

Err what's that now, who is on that list.
snow report
nixmap, You bum grape! Now you open it up for publication!!! . . . with that option I'd have thrown a CV into the midden Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
Masque wrote:
nixmap, You bum grape!
What sort of insult is that Puzzled Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
Layne, piles of insults all rolled into one
snow report
Quote:

piles
?
snow conditions
Tame by masque's usual standard
He should be congratulated for the improvement
latest report
nixmap, It made me giggle. I havn't heard 'bum grape' for a while Happy
snow report
He just seems like an angry old man who's found the internet a little late on in life.
latest report
homers double,
There might be a reason for that wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
homers double, I just found it funny tongue and cheek rather than grumpy Smile
ski holidays
homers double, never too late to have an early childhood . . . Now who's on diaper duty at the next eosb?
ski holidays
Do we have a resident American?
latest report
Well I for one am saving this thread in favourites.
As soon as my Missus chucks me out: I'm gonna callnixmap.

A season in Switzerland grafting for even a semi-grateful bunch (of bum grapes?) has got to be better than an average winter trying to keep SWMBO content.
snow report
actually the offer is for a couple...
Even though, you started me thinking as I did get some applications from some other single women.

Do you think if I offered help to find a matching counterpart that would work?

I mean it stands to reason that you would both have matching interests.
There are plenty of cosy winter nights in the alps to get to know each other.

Nix
ski holidays
nixmap, Toofy Grin im sure Strax, would enjoy the peace, quiet and single life for a season by the sounds of it Happy

Having a 2yo full of flu and a nagging wife (well shed never admit it is nagging) makes me wonder sometimes too ....... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
nixmap, Out of the frying pan and into the fire? I've met single girls and they make my wife look normal.. Toofy Grin
snow report
Oh the potential for Shocked . . . He's doing a reality show!

I'm in Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
Oh the potential for Shocked . . . He's doing a reality show!

I'm in Twisted Evil

1) Applications are already closed for this season we are already at the limit of what we can review

2) It's not a reality show , there are no hidden cameras Shocked Shocked

3) The offer is for a couple, and even if I did a matching thread here on snow heads , I am not sure of the outcome
snow conditions
My daughters friend did a similar thing last year in Morzine only working at weekends only difference is she got paid.
Sounds like some of the comments above ie upstairs downstairs with a modern twist, say the season works out about 60 chalet nights. each person is getting paid about £15/day ( price of lift pass, does the car include fuel and are you driving people about) that's pretty cheap labour,
snow report
rooski10 wrote:
My daughters friend did a similar thing last year in Morzine only working at weekends only difference is she got paid.

What?! What did she want paid for, didn't she realise it's an awesome opportunity - money would only spoil it!

NehNeh
ski holidays
albinomountainbadger wrote:
- money would only spoil it!

NehNeh

You may be an accidental genius, nevertheless 100% correct, money completely spoils it.
With money, all you get is staff, which is not what we are looking for.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy