Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Park City

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, anyone been following this?

http://www.powder.com/stories/park-city-turf-wars/

how safe is booking park city for next season?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fine if you're happy to ski at Canyons or Deer Valley. Negotiate hard for discount on accommodations given that it appears unclear if PCMR will be resolved.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah been following the thread on TGR here, interesting times Confused Heading into SLC again this next season and probably wont be skiing any of the back three.

Dont really know what will happen, depends on what Vail/ Cummings can agree on or very limited lift skiing at PC and plenty of skinning to the better stuff. Cummings is talking of removing all the lifts he can higher up, and will cost VR around $7 mill. to replace

The townfolk aren't too happy, understandably due to the uncertainty of their regular income this season.

If considering heading out there this season, I wouls seriously think about staying in Park City, look for somewhere near SLC and drive in if its open. Or wait until the season starts and see how it pans out.

This will unfortunately put more pressure on other ski areas close by trying to accommodate the PC skiers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess it matters for tourists, but there are lots of better places to stay and ride, so I don't really mind what they do. For "destination" people I suppose it's an issue.

Booking *anywhere* isn't "safe" unless you know where the snow's going to fall next season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Going to the area for Christmas and New Year, so interested to see how this all turns out. Plenty of other resorts around the place though. We're staying in Heber City with the OH's American family - I don't know the area at all!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Harry Flashman, Nice the drive from Heber City to Sundance - 20 mins max wink is nice. Worth a day skiing there and a look round the place too.

Plenty of other mountains too, but will need to drive, as you know. PC areas are the closest, so you will probably hit Vailville and Deer Valley at some point. Have fun where ever you ski Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Bones! We have cars. Lady Flashman and her parents are American, so there's always a big SUV to cart us all around... Very Happy

They've been skiing in Utah for years - my first time! All info is much appreciated.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Harry Flashman wrote:
Going to the area for Christmas and New Year, so interested to see how this all turns out. Plenty of other resorts around the place though. We're staying in Heber City with the OH's American family - I don't know the area at all!

As above back access from Heber to Park City/Deer Valley/Canyons is easy. Probably quite a long drive round to Alta/ Snowbird where the best snow and terrain is. Snowbasin up near Ogden is well worth a visit. Very plush on Olympic development. If you can spare a couple of days worth the drive down & back to Arches and Canyonlands - beautiful and spectacular in winter.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Harry Flashman, You will have a great time there, inlaws will take care of you. You wont need any info as they will have the lowdown.

It will be a long drive around to BCC and LCC, but you can see the backside of Brighton from Heber City Toofy Grin and Heber City isn't that big wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The person who missed that lease date most be looking for a new job
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's the USA - they're probably being sued, too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy