Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for a season in Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

This has probably been done before so I do apologise in advance should that be the case. I couldn't really find another thread that matches my questions/needs etc.

Basically I'm looking to do a season this winter for 14/15. Me and a friend of mine are both hoping to land jobs in a resort in Japan that has some good snow(i know most do). We aren't particularly bothered about going to heavily English speaking place, to be honest I'd rather go where more Japanese is required. I don't believe in going to a foreign country just to speak your own native tongue. We are currently both learning Japanese and I'd say we are roughly advanced beginners, I could most likely get by if I was a tourist as I know most of the basics.
We both have previous experience as Rental Technicians although I'm not particularly fussed on what job I get (to a certain extent). As long as a lift pass is included that's all I would really care about. And by the sounds of things, jobs with included accommodation is a good way to go.

I'm kind of struggling finding jobs, there's obviously Skijapan but we both applied through that and have heard nothing back. Not sure what their requirements are as I met everything they were looking for and more, but hey I must not stand out enough!

If anyone can provide any good recruitment/job websites or any advice on how to get best noticed that would be greatly appreciated. I already have my visa and can drive in Japan and have loads of experience in customer service based roles so I really don't think there's anything else that will be required for the majority of the jobs?

Thanks again and sorry if this is another similar thread

Dale
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drgray, your right there has been a recent post on the same subject, have a look at Zao as a resort, its very Japanese, good snow, though not a vast ski area, Lodge Scole usually take in two ""Europeans" not sure what their package is, they mainly get Japanese guests with a small amount of Australian and New Zelanders and the odd brit !

Another area is Shiga Kogen or Hakuba they are more japanese as well, Shiga has a big Prince Hotel that might be an opportunity for you.

Another good source of information is www.snowjapan.com, it's like Snowheads and you can post on there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drgray, Sorry welcome to snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy