Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Wolfgang to Dachstein

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now I had told myself that I would not think about skiing/boarding on this holiday but, we did a bit of hiking yesterday up behind St Wolfgang....

..and I sppotted this which I think is Dachstein.

Does anyone know if it is feasible to get there for a day trip on public transport from St Wolfgang, and is it worth it at this time of the year? Anyone know how does the terrain compare to Hintertux?

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tourist info here estimated 3h 30mis each way so that knocked that idea on the head, next snow will be Schladming in Jan then.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimboS wrote:
Anyone know how does the terrain compare to Hintertux?

For alpine skiing, it's worthless to pay even glacier road, and even less ticket. For xc skiing, Dachstein is one of best glaciers you can find in Europe, not just Austria. As far as St Wolfgang-Ramsau route goes, I have no idea about public transportation, but I would assume it would include quite a bit of changing busses/trains, so it would take forever. With your own car, it would be some 1.5h drive one way. Another thing with public transport is, Dachstein gondola is some 15km from valley (Ramsau) up in hill, and I don't think regular bus line is operating too often on this route, if it operates at all.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jogi, There are plenty of busses that go up from Ramsau to the cable-car.
I think they are a 'wander' bus or the like.

JimboS, I'd say 2 hrs by car rather than 3h30 (unless you are looking at public transport).
But it is limited up there and pretty expensive for the amount available.

Have you been down to Halstatt or Obertraun yet? Beautiful area!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, Public transport this year, we plan to be back somtime soon in the coming years by car and will take in Halstatt then and maybe bag a summer day at Dachstein.

Only one day left here now but it has been a great week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy