Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton advice - avg cost catered chalet, ski hire & lessons?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I am the mug who has the joyous (read thankless) task of organising a ski trip. The chosen venue is St Anton as we all recently turned 30 and need to show the 20 yr old's how it's (not) done. We will be looking to go in Feb/March 2015, avoiding the Half Term holidays.

Before I go about contacting travel agents, I need to get a rough idea of numbers for friends who are coming. In order to do that, I am hoping that you can help me with putting together a rough price so that I can tell my mates roughly what to expect costs wise.

Here's what we'll be after:
- flights (or ski train)
- coach transfers (or private minibus)
- catered chalet (not a chalet hotel) with breakfast, afternoon tea, unlimited wine at dinner.
- all ensuite rooms
- located very well for shops/bars but not above a noisy bar (do not need ski in/out)
- ski pass
- 3 days ski lessons.

Really would appreciate a rough guide of what would be a realistic price to expect to pay per person.

Many thanks,
R
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rossyl, you have presumably done some research yourself? the cost of ski passes, ski hire and lessons, in particular, are very easy to discover.

You will presumably need to add the cost of apres ski drinks (ie on the slopes, not in the chalet), food and drink during the day and drinks later in the evening. Those costs are much more a function of the kind of party you are. If you intend only to drink the free wine in the chalet those 20 year olds are not likely to be hugely impressed. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rossyl, how are you? Here are very rough prices:

Here's what we'll be after:
- flights (or ski train) From Dublin around €180
- coach transfers (or private minibus) From Zurich if there are 8 of your €45 each way. You can also take the train...depending on when you book, this will go from around €25-45
- catered chalet (not a chalet hotel) with breakfast, afternoon tea, unlimited wine at dinner. - We have only gone on self catering - when I looked at catering, roughly it was around €750 (€400 for self catering.)
- all ensuite rooms
- located very well for shops/bars but not above a noisy bar (do not need ski in/out)
- ski pass - check the website but for 6 days I think it is around €250
- 3 days ski lessons - not too sure
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much guys. I'm good thanks and excited about my next trip. St Anton is a major one on the hitlist and I'm hoping to persuade a number of friends to come. Hence why I'm trying to get it in the diary and mate's budgets early.

I've worked out costs as follows:

- Flights/Transfers/Accomm/Food - Catered Chalet - £700-900
- Lift pass - £200 (but I've seen some special offers)
- Ski hire £100 for beginners (http://www.hervisrent.at/index.php?id=80&L=4)
- Ski lessons 3 days x 4 hours £130 (http://www.skistanton.com/en/courses/ski/prices.html)

Which I think is a pretty reasonable price for St Anton.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rossyl,

You didnt mention for jow long 7,10, 14 days?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rossyl, my experience of ski hire in the area is that if you can find anything (literally anything) for anywhere close to £100 for the week you have done very well. Some of our group struggled to keep skis and boots under £200.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rossyl, I'd agree with Mistress Panda, - St Anton is renowned for expensive hire kit, and very little competition between the shops
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rossyl, Mistress Panda, Montana, for competitve prices (better than the high street) on ski rental try SkiWest (Markus), located just up from the Galzigbahn roundabout on Alte Arlbergstrasse. Markus has good quality skis and good service. Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rossyl, then x1.5, the law of skiing holidays......... wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tO chalet from major UK airport ought to be doable to £500 a head for a sizable group. £500 for extras plus however much people will wee wee away on Jaeger and beers at the Mooser.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rossyl, we've just booked a group holiday for under £ 700/head net in catered chalet from inghams via an agent, this price included travel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We paid £880 for flights transfers carriage, pass and half board accom. in Jan 2014. Hire I heard was ridiculously expensive but generally it was fairly reasonable to drink and eat. We stayed at Chalet Tirolerhaus which was good though far from the town centre.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Rossyl, hope you got sorted for your group and are getting excited about St Anton. This January will be my 4 visit in the last 2 years and I love the place even though I'm a 50+ aged skier. Location depends on what you want from the holiday. If you want a quiet night choose somewhere near the nasserein lift, if you want to hit the bars late on then the main part of town near the Galzig lift.

Après on the way home is legendary at the Mooserwirt, Taps and Krazy Kangaroo. Sometimes I have questioned how I got back down the mountain from these places but that's what it's all about even at my age.

Quality of skiing is dependent on the snow conditions, last year was poor but previous year superb opening up a huge amount of ski routes and off-piste. Not a place for timid beginners but good inter and above will rate this as one of the beast.

Enjoy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy