Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

T is for T-bar

Poster: A snowHead
Removed

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 20-03-09 13:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, T-Bars are the work of the devil!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hate them with a passion. End of.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've thankfully never had to use one. Which is a godsend, considering the people I was skiing with last couldn't manage to get to the top of a drag lift without losing one of the party.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, I guess it's increasingly the case that new skiers can avoid t-bars for their entire skiing life. I've personally taken what must be hundreds or maybe thousands of rides on them - including a full season on Cairngorm, which was 80% to 90% t-bar rides. Maybe my first-ever ski lift ride in Kitzbuhel in 1959 was on a t-bar - sadly I can't remember!

I must admit I wouldn't want to be confronted with a t-bar now if my only experience was chairs or gondolas etc.

Pomas seem to be disappearing too, but these warrant a separate thread!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Until this year the only experience I had had on a T bar was on Tignes glacier. I managed (eventually) to get off - but the poor instructor ended up in the snow wall Shocked .

However at LDA PSB earlier this year, I had to learn - no choice. Now since riding single, and having a skier ski down the piste, cross in front of me, grab the T bar with one hand, shove it under him, grab me with the other, ensuring I didn't fall off (obviously looked likely!), I now have more confidence. (He then informed me that no-one could possibly fall off a T bar rolling eyes . well, getting on or off, yes, but whilst it was running, impossible!)

I'm not sure I believe him. No doubt someone will enlighten me Laughing .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Pomas seem to be disappearing too, but these warrant a separate thread!

I don't mind pomas. Unless they are of the variety that take stupid routes that knack you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I don't mind pomas.

Neither do I to be honest.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi,
Quote:

Now since riding single, and having a skier ski down the piste, cross in front of me, grab the T bar with one hand, shove it under him, grab me with the other, ensuring I didn't fall off (obviously looked likely!), I now have more confidence. (He then informed me that no-one could possibly fall off a T bar . well, getting on or off, yes, but whilst it was running, impossible!)

Quite an experience, was he good looking then Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowbunny, When you're that good, does it matter?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque,
Quote:

snowbunny, When you're that good, does it matter?

Yes, frankly, it does Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny, Not bad Blush . But a little young for me! I must say that T bars are very good for enjoyable conversations. One guy started talking to me in French. I had to tell him that my French was not brilliant so he proceeded to sing to me all the way up, instead Cool

I also had many conversations with both males and females (all French!) who chatted about the weather, the snow, the resort, and even invited me to bars and parties Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks guys, I'm sure all the retired T bars in the North are migrating to NZ. Seen many a skier slide down the icy tracks on Ruapehu to take out loads of people behind. Even heard of one woman getting killed as she came of a T bar and slid down into the skiers behind and end up with ski tips in her gut. Urban myth?????
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hate T-bars Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kiwi - I suppose that would depend on what you sharpen your edges with! Laughing Shocked
ski holidays
Lorraine, so do I!!!
ski holidays
The first lesson every body should learn about T-bars is that when you fall off please fall off quickly with minimum of fuss, do not try to hang on to the T or grab the other rider around the neck or other parts of the body as this will mean you will both fall off. I will only go on T bars with people i know i am T - bar compatible with.
snow conditions
my first experience of a t bar was at sheffield, when i got on a rather large guy came on with me(im a bit scrawny!!) i soon found out why people can be incompatible on these things!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy