Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Catered in Austria/Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Despite the fantastic weather this past week or so, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this winters trip/s.

As a group we have been to a lot of larger French resorts/ski areas and are now keen to at least try another country.

I have tried using the search function, but have struggled to find an answer to my question, so apologies if this has been asked a million times before. Here goes:

Can any of you suggest / recommend a Chalet option (preferably catered) in Austria / Italy? I can see that a few of the major operators offer CC in Italy and Austria, but the UK package deal doesn’t really fit the requirements for our group as a number of us work/live in a number of different countries.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and particularly the ones in Ski areas suitable for a mixed group of abilities and skiers/boarders.

Thanks in advance.
Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul81, Although I've not been with them, I know that several sHs have used Colletts for catered ski holidays in the Dolomites and have been very pleased with the service provided.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul81, There have been some suggestions recently on snowheads that the Italian authorities have cracked down on British catered chalets so it might be difficult to find them. I've heard good things about Colletts too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in a chalet hotel in Arabba with Inghams. Great place just a minute or so walk to the snow (either side of the road). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be showing any more on Inghams website, possibly due to the reason pam w, mentions. They do have a chalet hotel in Cortina and La Villa.
Also stayed in a chalet hotel with Inghams in Cervinia - Hotel Dragon. It's more of a bar with a small dining room on the side and some rooms upstairs, we really enjoyed it though (helped by the fantastic chef that year). Inghams do sometimes offer a no travel option if that is needed.

If you want flexibility due to people travelling in from all over... I can highly recommend Flangesax's place (he's a Snowhead) in Radstadt, part of the huge Ski Amade region. A vehicle might be needed to get about, but it gives you a great base to try out lots of different areas all covered on the same lift pass.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mountain Sun have a couple of places in Italy too - they are at the cheaper end of the market, but you can't fault the on-piste location of the Alta Badia chalet.

Otherwise, would half board in a hotel not be suitable? There are a lot of very nice family run places both in Austria and Italy, and they can be a bit more flexible than package holidays. If you could narrow down your requirements, I'm sure you will get some good recommendations.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Paul81, catered chalets <tend> To be more of a French located or maybe Swiss thing. Probably historical and for no good other reason.

Anyhoo, half board in Austria/ Italy worth considering.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try Pension Enzian in Saalbach. Has a great reputation, run by a British couple and very flexible (no packages). Also an ideal destination for a mixed ability group. Let me know if you'd like a copy of my comprehensive guide to the resort. See http://www.pensionenzian.com/en/ and http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g608663-d595095-Reviews-Pension_Enzian-Saalbach_Hinterglemm_Austrian_Alps.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the advice guys.

We have been on pretty much every type of accommodation/board basis going. So a half board hotel wouldn't be a problem. I think following the last 2 years trips we have got used to staying in a private catered chalet and enjoyed the central living areas etc.

I will speak with the group and let you all know what we opt for.

Thanks again.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Paul81
We are a british run catered chalet in bormio italy.
Have a look at our web site.
We would love to help you with your ski holiday.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paul81, The hotel we stayed at in Austria served afternoon soup and cakes in a kind of relaxed dining area near the bar (not the main dining room) every day at 4pm, like a chalet would. You had to pay for your drinks, but you could relax in there and watch the snowsports-related TV or in the bar area. It was a bit more formal than a chalet (people were dressed...) but otherwise ok.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Paul81 wrote:
Hi All

Despite the fantastic weather this past week or so, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this winters trip/s.

As a group we have been to a lot of larger French resorts/ski areas and are now keen to at least try another country.

I have tried using the search function, but have struggled to find an answer to my question, so apologies if this has been asked a million times before. Here goes:

Can any of you suggest / recommend a Chalet option (preferably catered) in Austria / Italy? I can see that a few of the major operators offer CC in Italy and Austria, but the UK package deal doesn’t really fit the requirements for our group as a number of us work/live in a number of different countries.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and particularly the ones in Ski areas suitable for a mixed group of abilities and skiers/boarders.

Thanks in advance.
Very Happy

+1 for Colletts.
We used them for number of years and found them to provide excelent service, good value and a very pleasant set-up. Also, to get a telephone call from Tom Collett ahead of the holiday to check everything was good was something you never get from any of the big chains. Also the Dolomites are incredibly beautiful.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ian Kenvyn, I know it's not the MD, but I did get a call from our Crystal rep (and it was the rep calling from Austria) 2 weeks before we were due to go out asking if I had any queries or questions about our holiday with them. I was a bit surprised to say the least.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Try Pension Enzian in Saalbach. Has a great reputation, run by a British couple and very flexible (no packages). Also an ideal destination for a mixed ability group. Let me know if you'd like a copy of my comprehensive guide to the resort. See http://www.pensionenzian.com/en/

These guys are great. Great location and a really nice family. I drive down for the odd day's downhill MTB and got to know them through that.

I've got a place too (in case you were wondering wink ) Good and easy access to Ski Amadé, and do the UK catered package thing... follow th link below or drop me a PM for more info.

Happy Hunting!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy