Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Resort in France for mixed group with lots of beginners/nervous skiiers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm trying to decide on a ski resort for a group of skiers and boarders, that's got plenty of easy runs for beginners. We went to Paradiski last year and were situated in Montchavin between the two resorts Les Arcs and La Plagne which was great. As we have a couple of very nervous skiiers, where this will be there second trip I want to ensure we've enough beginner runs. Does anyone have any suggestions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nedwa199, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Les Saisies has loads of easy runs and the wider linked ski area (Espace Diamant) has something for everybody other than experts, for whom it would be a bit limited. Also low cost private lessons, if those are needed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks! Our group does have some very experienced boarders which is the problem really, as we are a mixed group. Although if there was plenty of 'advanced/intermediate' stuff to keep them busy, they'd be fine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nedwa199, many many places would suit. Too many to detail. Any more criteria?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How about Grand Massif? If you stay in Les Carroz or Morillon, there's plenty for the beginners and nervous skiers, and Flaine is easily accessible for those looking for more challenges.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well at the risk of sounding like a stuck record I'd have to plump for the Porte du Soleil and specifically Morzine or Les Gets. Great for nervous beginners and easy access to more challenging stuff for the more experienced/adventurous. Easy transfers from Geneva too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Easy transfers from Geneva too

essentially no transfers from Geneva except expensive taxis, to Les Saisies - a resort for DIY-ers only. But, as a result, very quiet outside French school hols - no packaged Brits. wink What are you looking for, exactly, and what budget?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd also recommend the Grand Massif and in particular Les Carroz. We are skiiers but stayed there with friends who are boarders and we all had a good time.

Montgenevre is also good for mixed abilities. The terrain in Montgenevre itself is fine for boarders but there are a few flatish sections in Claviere.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nedwa199, why restrict yourselves to France?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Gets or Morzine
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Tania/couchevel 1850

Plenty of greens over in 1850 although some of the blues aren't too difficult.

Plenty of other runs for the more experienced
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I suppose we aren't restricted to France strictly speaking - but there is a preference for the food! NehNeh But open to other options certainly. We were considering North America/Canada originally, but decided that it was a bit out of budget for this years trip, so maybe next year. We went as a group last year to Montchavin, so had access to both Les Arcs and La Plagne but certainly the beginners explored for the most part La Plagne. I have been looking at returning but basing ourselves more in the heart of Les Arcs this time. I have also looked into La Tania - so that's interesting to see it come up as a suggestion! In terms of other criteria, I don't think on the whole nightlife is an important factor, as we'd look to hire a catered chalet for the group so tend to make our own fun in the chalet, but it would be a bonus to have some restaurants/bars nearby for the option but this is not a pre-requisite so to speak. Our budget is around £800 or so for accommodation/flights etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm a fan of Dolomites - have a look at Folgarida and Madonna di Campiglio - big linked area (not by French standards admittedly) but much cheapness by comparison.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nedwa199, you have a PM (top right in Send/Read Messages)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

there is a preference for the food!

There's some pretty good grub in Italy. wink
latest report
Nedwa199, I find the food in Italy generally superior and better vfm...
snow report
The restaurants we visited on the Sella Ronda at the Birthday Bash last January provided better food and value than many places I've eaten in French resorts - and hugely better than the rip off capitals of the Tarentaise and the 3 Valleys. However, not everything is cheaper and I get the impression that slope-side accommodation is harder to find and possibly more expensive - the thing about many French resorts is that there's a huge range of accommodation, from very luxurious (and expensive) down to very cramped (and cheap). Plenty of decent places at decent prices in between, especially in the resorts off the radar of the British masses. Out of school-holiday season a two-bed slopeside apartment in my development costs from $450 a week. e.g. http://www.locapart-lessaisies.com/
snow conditions
Nedwa199, + 1 for the Dolomites, and Madonna di Campiglio in particular. The food was far better value and far higher quality than France.
latest report
La Tania if you go to france. Lots of chalets to choose from and in low season some good deals
latest report
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Nedwa199, + 1 for the Dolomites, and Madonna di Campiglio in particular. The food was far better value and far higher quality than France.

+2 and the area really would suit your ability requirements rather well IMHO.
latest report
Risoul has some really nice beginner runs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy