Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 month courses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am looking for some potential courses for approximately 3 months and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for this winter ?

Ideally looking for mainly off-piste courses (not ski instructor) and I came across the http://www.alltracksacademy.com/courses/11 Week Combined Instructor & Off Piste Course which looks pretty good.

Anyone know if there is something similar in Europe in Verbier or St Anton or elsewhere in Europe?

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not aware of any recreational courses of that duration, do you mean 3 months consecutive training?
There are the obvious BASI Gap courses that are 10-12wks but are Instructor courses.
Perhaps you could speak with ski schools in the areas you want and see if they can do you a package
http://www.snoworks.co.uk/
http://www.skinewgen.com/
http://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/
these may be able to help
Good luck, do let us know how you get on. I'm sure others may like the same
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Basecamp run a 10 week performance course in Val d'Isere and Meribel, which does not include any BASI Coaching. Covers a lot of off-piste training, and uses local French instructors, as supposed to British instructors for the BASI course. n.b. I'm one of the Basecamp directors, so not meaning to hijack with a plug, but in this case it seemed relevant!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads lwolewis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @FlyingStani
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting to see 'Basecamp' laying out their stall. Brings back great memories...

Back in the '87 i went on a 'Skiers Improver Course' at Whistler / Blackcomb. I'd been in Adelaide working for a year and i stumbled upon an Australian trip to Canada.

3 weeks skiing with CSIA from their class 3 and top class 4's instructors for both morning and afternoon 5 days /week. Geez we were worked hard. What super skiers they were too!
Not feet / skis together stuff, they were full on independent leg action and a wider stance. In 87 that was pretty advanced. I have a high regard for CSIA. Not particularly saying there's anything not up to date with BASI or in anyway BASI is second rate to anyone else.

I was 27, a Brit in the midst of 25 / 30 Aussies of similar age - probably the best time i've ever had on snow ( just adored Whistler and Blackcombs mountain - beautiful snow - only one day of 'wet snow' so was lucky) and what a great great time we had in Whistler resort to. Traveled afterwards, West to East coast doing the big resorts bumming around cheaply for a couple of months in youth hostels, traveling about by overnight Greyhound sleeping coaches. VAST country. Saw so so much.

Thoroughly, Thoroughly, Thoroughly recommended Very Happy Thoroughly ! Probably one of the best times i've had with 3 months ever.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy