Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glencoe Mid Summer Slide...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A fine day for mid-summer and a great turn out of skiers and boarders at Glencoe. The Main Basin, Spring Run, Flypaper and the Canyon all seeing action on the Summer Solstice. Despite the heat of the past week great spring snow on the mountain still. Cliffhanger run in the morning to reduce the initial leg work, the Access Chair is open daily weather permitting for anyone who still wants to get a summer slide in.

^High on the Spring Run.

^Busy Main Basin on the Summer Solstice.

^Kicker action on the Main Basin.

More Pix and report: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=1002

Will post some more on Facebook later tonight (internet connection permitting) or tomorrow at Facebook.com/winterhighland .

Perhaps we'll see some people back for a July slide? Need to get over to CairnGorm and tick off the Ciste Gully for June too!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice! Did you see Andrew there? (Jungle on Winterhighlands). I know he skied somewhere that weekend.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball, I didn't bump into Andrew and the 70 or so of us were all together at one stage, so I'm pretty sure I'd have spotted him if he was there. I put a few pictures in the Scotland thread too ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=101916&start=440#2546262
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great pics!

Mrs MA & I couldn't make the midsummer slide Sad - but did get up there on 29th June Very Happy - some sunny spells and a fun day. Looking at the photos, a lot of snow had gone in the week since the MSS - the rock band across the middle of the Main Basin was very exposed and almost all the way across the run - there was still a narrow strip passable on skier's right of the descent though. The main run was only 100m vertical but still good fun.

The Spring Run was in 3 parts, totalling over 150m vertical, with short walks in between the patches. Overall it's incredible to see the boulder fields that are under the snow in winter - the ones on the Spring Run in particular are whoppers!

The Haggis Trap was a sight to behold - we skinned up it to find that the middle bit was a knife-edged ridge of snow about 60cm wide - slightly unnerving when you are about 5 metres off the ground - you definitely wouldn't want to fall in Skullie .....

Will try and get round to posting some pics in the next day or two.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oops....Better late than never with the Glencoe photos from the end of June....

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Mike PowVery Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy