Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel between La Rosiere and La Thuile in Summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know when the Petit St Bernard pass opens for road traffic?

We are hoping to go towards Aosta next weekend and that would be the best option.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pass looks open

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skichampcouk, June 18th http://summer.larosiere.net/summer-petit-saint-bernard-pass.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, holidayloverxx, Thank you
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On a related note. If you ski from La Ros to La Thuile and the weather makes a return on skis not possible, is it easy to get back by road?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike-H wrote:
On a related note. If you ski from La Ros to La Thuile and the weather makes a return on skis not possible, is it easy to get back by road?

Really easy. Go through the Mont Blanc tunnel then Megeve, Ugine, Albertville, Moutier, Bourg St Maurice. Takes 2.5 - 3 hours wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Go through the Mont Blanc tunnel then Megeve, Ugine, Albertville

though that's not possible, of course, if the Gorge d'Arly is closed, as seems to have been the case more often than not, all year round, for the last few years. Though the longer motorway route will normally be OK wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a reason for AT skis/bindings, good maps a gas and off-piste training. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Go through the Mont Blanc tunnel then Megeve, Ugine, Albertville

though that's not possible, of course, if the Gorge d'Arly is closed, as seems to have been the case more often than not, all year round, for the last few years.

The Gorge is still closed at the moment but there is a diversion which adds about 5 minutes to the journey time. Actually I prefer the diversion rather than the Gorge.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blimey. I do hope I don't get stuck then.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skichampcouk, we did La Rosiere to La Thuile by road last August, mainly out of curiosity having skied over in the past. It's a scenic drive and we stopped for an hour's walk near the monastery. La Thuile was disappointing (not sure what I was expecting!) but good enough for an ice cream and wander about. But then you are going further....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We managed the trip today, out this morning and back this evening with no problems. It looks like the road could have been open for ages as there was so little snow about, I think 18th June is the date the hospice opens at the top of the pass.
There were loads of cyclists going up from the French side this morning and plenty of bikers racing up from the Italian side, the return journey was very quiet with hardly anybody around.
The scenery along the pass reminded me more of the Pennines than an Alpine pass.
igLou, We only passed through La Thuile as we were going to visit our son and his girlfriend who are working in Villeneuve near Aosta, so didn't see much of it. They took us to the via ferrata near the start of the Gran Paradiso walk which is pretty stunning, the via ferrata wasn't bad either. It was more a mix between a via ferrata and adventure park with most of the wires and zip wires in a gorge above a fast flowing torrent, great fun zipping across with bruises to match.
There is a lovely restaurant right at the end of the road going up to the Gran Paradiso National park which (so I am told) is usually packed in good weather, however it was a little cloudy so parking was no problem.
Definitely worth a day trip again, worth going just for the pizza in the sports club in Villeneuve.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

It looks like the road could have been open for ages as there was so little snow about, I think 18th June is the date the hospice opens at the top of the pass.

It HAS been open for ages!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for your timely and informative comment!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy