Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort recommendations for Feb-15?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all skiheads.

Writing this in mid-June the winter is a bit remote. However I'd like to hear your your resort /center recommendations for following ski team: Son 13yrs, athletic and experienced skier. Dad 48yrs, fairly experienced skier and good physical fit. Last 3 years skiing trips have included Chamonix, Avoriaz, Cervinia and Zermatt. Slopewise big fans of Chamonix but not big fans of commuting with buses. However willing to sit in a bus/car to get proper ski.

Would like to try some guided off-piste besides the regular ski. Travel time is around week 8 / 2015 ie. mid/late Feb.

Any recommendations and advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Kartsa66
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe Verbier? Big ski area without buses, and a 6day+ ski pass will let you do a trip to Chamonix too if you fancy it, and can be bothered with the travel across.

Excellent offpiste options, itineraries etc for challenging skiing, and quite a few snowheads who could no doubt recommend you some excellent guides.

I was also very impressed with Serre Chevalier when I was there last winter (snowheads bash) - again big area, plenty of challenging skiing, lots of offpiste, and plenty of local snowheads to point you to the best guides. And not far from La Grave for an offpiste day trip Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fixx, thanks a lot. Will start digging.
Best,
Kartsa
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kartsa66, I'm with fixx for the Serre Chevalier option.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out Gressonay. Great skiing especially off piste. Some ski in ski out. No nightlife.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells & jbob - thanks for feedback and opinions. Will continue studying the options Very Happy .
Best,
Kartsa
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kartsa66, While I second Monterosa as an excellent choice, I'd stay in Champoluc not Gressoney. That is not entirely because we have an apartment in Champoluc that you might like snowHead I have PM'd you on that.

Champoluc is a proper village, has a good selection of excellent restaurants at good prices and a few bars. My OH tells me that the prosecco at Lo Bistrot (ex-Galion) is excellent value at €8 the bottle. The Monterosa skiing is good itself and there are very good off piste opportunities. I'm afraid I have no particular guide recommendations.

Italy in general doesn't suffer from UK over crowding at half term (I can't recall exactly which week that is) and does in general offer good v.f.m.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Under a new name,
Thanks for tips, comments and PM as well. Nice apartment. Still studying the options which all seem to be excellent.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Geneva flights and Verbier apartment booked. Thanks & Cheers for all.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy