Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Man sues Cairngorm mountain over fall....

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-27800313

"claims proper piste grooming was not done and there were no warnings of icy lumps on the slope"

Why can't people accept personal responsibility for undertaking potentially injurious activity, and accept that sometimes poo-poo happens?!?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He's skiing in Scotland. I grew up skiing in Scotland, and I DREAMED of the days we had icy lumps to ski on, rather than heather and rocks!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lol Feef! I learnt on Cairngorm too in the late 80s. We used to travel up from school in Northumberland for a 5-day trip. First year I went was great conditions, fences buried, great weather. The following year we lost a day to gales and the last time, as you describe, it was a mix of rocks, heather and ice. Oh and wind that just shoved you over the ice into the heather and rocks or, if lucky, wedged you into the snow fences!!

Consequently, the first trip I took to the French Alps 12 years later was like heaven. But I've managed a couple of days at the Coe and Glenshee in the last few years and there's something strangely comfortable about rickety wooden chairs, killer T-bars and skiing through the tops of the fences!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just read it as well. Unbelievable. There's always icy lumps, it's Scotland!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The guy who is bringing the case should be ashamed - MTFU! He was skiing at Cairngorm, not some corduroy groomer at Vail.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
4 years ago so 2010 which was the epic season of full cover ski anywhere snow IIRC.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Isn't this just an extension of the argument that if you trip in the street who is responsible, someone else or you because you should watch where you are going. Personally, I think it is up to you where you put your feet.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Next month he is suing the Scottish whiskey company Chivas for having too much ice in his Whiskey NehNeh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skismurf75 wrote:
Why can't people accept personal responsibility for undertaking potentially injurious activity, and accept that sometimes poo-poo happens?!?

Very likely, because a no-win, no-fee lawyer has written him a dozen letters saying he has a claim.

As happened to me when someone tail-ended my car. Whiplash? You say you don't have whiplash? Are you sure? Really sure? I got letter after letter from a lawyer who had been passed details by my insurance company. They are practically begging you to submit spurious claims.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dogwatch, this is what I fail to understand, insurers are saying our premiums are going up due in part to the spurious claims, however it is often those same insurers that pass on our names to no win no fee spurious claims lawyers
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the claims lawyers don't get the details for free - they BUY them (anywhere between from £50 up for a "lead"). So if you don't claim then they have thrown money down the drain. It's not the insurance companies selling the details, it's others, e.g. hospitals etc.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's not ONLY the insurers. I was courted by ambulance chasers for a good few years after a car I owned was involved in an accident - I wasn't even in the car and they were offering to claim for my traumatic injuries. Weasels.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways, I'd call them something stronger than "weasels" but I agree whole-heartedly with your sentiments.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boardiac wrote:
It's not the insurance companies selling the details, it's others, e.g. hospitals etc.

It was certainly the insurance company in my case because nobody else knew about it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You'd think the Government would clamp down on this sort of thing. You know, attempt to create a society where the scammers can't take advantage of the reasonable people. But they don't. Probably because not enough people care enough about it and don't complain enough, so the Government can ignore it. So bring on the revolution because BIG changes are needed!
ski holidays
On a regular basis, I get texts, and occasionally phone calls, from people saying I can claim compensation for the accident I had, even though I didn't have one. Somehow though they know I was treated in hospital. Puzzled
snow report
He should sue the Church as God's representative in making the snow happen and making him the sort of dumb person who falls over, injures themselves and then tries to sue someone else,spoiling their day.
latest report
thecramps wrote:
On a regular basis, I get texts, and occasionally phone calls, from people saying I can claim compensation for the accident I had, even though I didn't have one. Somehow though they know I was treated in hospital. Puzzled

I feel left out. Broke my leg 6+ weeks ago and not a peep from a ambulance chasing lawyer. snowHead
latest report
Been on the receiving end of claims from this kind of lowlife (the lawyers, not the claimant). The claims are usually about 40 pages thick and generated by mailmerge. One of ours actually said "the incident occurred on 01/01/1900 while working at XXXXXXX" - where they hadn't even bothered to complete all the fields!

First step is request for full disclosure which means any and all documentation which may or may not be relevant to the incident. Obviously they are looking for any errors or omissions on which to pin a claim. The amount of effort required just to collate the documentation let alone defend the action is staggering.
snow report
NeddySkiGoon, There must be claim for my horrific bunk related injury. Toofy Grin
latest report
Hopefully they will call on an 'expert witness' to give a balanced view.
snow report
geepee wrote:
NeddySkiGoon, There must be claim for my horrific bunk related injury. Toofy Grin

What? You haven't got a lawyer on to it yet. You've definitely got grounds, that was a nasty injury, you must of lost at least 5 minutes skiing. And of course the incident wasn't alcohol related. snowHead
ski holidays
What Scot Schmidt said ....
snow conditions
Probably only a matter of time before Mountain Rescue gets sued for not finding someone quickly enough to save their leg/life/pet dog
ski holidays
I'm all for holding Mountain companies to account for genuine negligence but what a fud!

I hope he;

A) Fails.

B) Can never pollute a ski slope with his presence again.

C) Finally that his ambulance chasing solicitor goes bust, or better still takes up skiing and accidentally does some base jumping without a parachute! Laughing
ski holidays
Now he's got one leg shorter than the other, it should make his steep traverses better (at least in one direction).
ski holidays
I thought passing on of details by insurance companies had been banned?
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
Hopefully they will call on an 'expert witness' to give a balanced view.

Very good and apparently sh's own expert fitness(currently again on sabbatical) has even actually spied in Scotland in living memory.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
/\ Be Nice please! android spell genii
snow report
kat.ryb wrote:
I thought passing on of details by insurance companies had been banned?

You are right. Good! http://www.justice.gov.uk/claims-regulation/information-for-businesses/referral-fees-ban-in-personal-injury-cases
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy