Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three 'feel at home' to include France and Switzerland.

Poster: A snowHead
Three have just announced that France and Switzerland will be included in their "Feel at Home" offer from 1st July this year.

This basically means if you have a mobile on the Three network here you can use your inclusive minutes, texts and data whilst in France free of charge. This is awesome news.
They already include Italy and Austria and i used it heavily in Sauze this year to stream absolute 80s to my helmet audio.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Corduroy, interesting. It probably makes sense for me as a Swiss resident to have a non- domestic phone account.

Weird, eh?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My new EE account (Galaxy S5 - 4G, 1000mins, unlimited texts & 10GB data for £39 pm) includes inclusive minutes, texts & data in Europe Toofy Grin

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 10-06-14 19:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
...and I just got a French sim for my trip in July DOH!

Oh well, I'll stick it in the iPad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon,
Interesting... I had already made the decision to switch to Three in August simply because of the Feel At Home feature and because my current T-mobile/EE contract has ridiculous prices for data abroad.. I haven't seen anything like that with EE until reading your post.
Looking at EE's website, the EU offer doesn't seem to include data though..

And Three includes the US, which I need..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Three SIM only worked very well for my last trip to Austria: £12.90/month for unlimited data and IIRC 200mins, 5000texts. Took it out just over 30 days before the trip so Feel At Home could be activated before travelling. Was wondering whether to keep it or not, as the data speed is much better than O2 in many places I go, but there is no reception in my house! Extending to Feel at Home France and Switzerland makes it a lot more useful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent. Been waiting for that announcement for a little while, so thanks for highlighting it. Could make a big difference to how much I spend on my phone over the winter. Will look in to this further. One thing if anyone is thinking of switching, when I last looked at this you needed to be with Three for at least 3 (?) months before you could roam internationally with your phone plan. If that's true you'll need to switch well before the winter if you want to take advantage of this.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just checked, and it's 30 days minimum with them before you can roam. Excellent. Might switch before our trip to the USA this summer Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, 31 days was sufficient in my case and, as you say, saved cash as well as the convenience of not having to restrict usage.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Corduroy, does this apply to all of the French & Swiss networks, or only certain ones that have an agreement with Three?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is no minimum time with them if you have PAYG - just need to top up and use the credit to buy an add-on. From memory, I think it was £15 for 30 days including 500 mins, 5000 texts and unlimited data in the UK, and the data dropped to 'only' 25Gb overseas.

I got a PAYG SIM for a recent trip to the US and it was brilliant - I just watched for missed calls on my normal phone and called back from my Three SIM.

Just a couple of things to remember, which may not be the same on pay monthly. Calls to numbers local to the country you are in are NOT included (which they are with my Vodafone Passport) and tethering is not allowed.

Steilhang, don't know about France/Switzerland, but in the US it seemed to chop and change across several networks, depending on reception. I couldn't say if they had specific agreements, but it certainly wasn't a case of only having access to one or two.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steilhang, I think its just the ones they have an agreement with. When i was in Sauze in march data would only work if i connected to 3 ITA.
It doesn't include tethering but i can confirm it worked.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
balernoStu, Three always struggle indoors, its something to do with the frequency they use. I complained and they sent me a 'home signal' box that connects to your home broadband. It gives us a full five bar signal indoors now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler wrote:
......Looking at EE's website, the EU offer doesn't seem to include data though......

You're right but when I phoned 'em they said it did & it's printed on the contract confirmation I've received Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have been reliably informed, via a shocked email that Three are currently charging 48p per minute to phone IOM numbers from UK. Aka How to Burn All Your Credit on 1 call!
ski holidays
snowbunny, then they are breaking the law! EU regulations are in place that say international roaming within the EU costs at most €0,19/min for outgoing calls and €0,05/min for incoming. Anyway it's not the caller that pays for calling a roaming SIM, it's the owner of the roaming SIM.
latest report
Steilhang wrote:
snowbunny, then they are breaking the law! EU regulations are in place...

But IOM is not in the EU wink
snow report
Steilhang wrote:
snowbunny, then they are breaking the law! EU regulations are in place that say international roaming within the EU costs at most €0,19/min for outgoing calls and €0,05/min for incoming. Anyway it's not the caller that pays for calling a roaming SIM, it's the owner of the roaming SIM.

Also calling an 'overseas' destination from your phone whilst in the UK is not roaming so wouldn't be covered.
snow conditions
Ah. Looks like I misread snowbunny's post. Definitely a Ripoff.
Anyway, on the subject of roaming charges, I think they are supposed to be abolished inside the EU next year, including data roaming. At least something positive coming out of the EU.
ski holidays
Corduroy, indeed I was offered that gadget if I commited to a 12 month contract, but not taken it up yet, sounds like it works well. At the moment I need to walk 50-100m from my house to get working reception on Three.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
Kruisler wrote:
......Looking at EE's website, the EU offer doesn't seem to include data though......

You're right but when I phoned 'em they said it did & it's printed on the contract confirmation I've received Cool

Can you point me in the direction of this information spyderjon? Seems to be conflicting advice on the EE website about data usage in Europe. Some say you need an add on, others that it is included with the EE Extra 4G plans.

Thanks
TG
latest report
balernoStu, we have 2x 12month sim only deals
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy