Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 week trip over xmas / new year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
am thinking of organising a 3 week trip for the family and a a couple of mates, i normal go to Tignes but to be honest i fancy a change this year so i was wondering what ideas snow heads crew could come up with.....

i need a resort thats got good skiing and a decent sized area and / or access to other ski areas, i am happy to do austria and italy..... ideally a decent sized resort with stuff going on but am not bothered about a mad party town but half a dozen restaurants and a couple of bars would be good.

i need self-catering that really has 3 bedrooms, possibly 4 and that will accept the dog (at this point though i am just trying to narrow down the resort)

italy and austria appeals as i think that it will be a bit cheaper than france and i would also like get somewhere thats quite scenic as opposed to Tignes for instance......

ideas so far are, les gets, val, zell am see, courmayeur, chamonix, st anton......

thanks in advance for all your help.....

andy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ajc2260626, lots would depend on the budget you have in mind, as 2 of the weeks you're wanting to be away, are high peak. There are options though, and we can probably help. Send me a PM if you'd like
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi montana

yep we realise that two of the weeks are tippy ones but also the first week after new year is quite often cheaper as its historically quiet... i am not sure how to pm on here? do you run chalets?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ajc2260626, above right 'Send/Read' Messages - I can send you on to reply to if easier Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
have tried to send one
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
3 weeks is a long time. I would say - stay in the middle of 3V - Mottaret, so you can pick up any area there for an easy day.
Or maybe Les Arcs in Vallandry/Plan Peisey end, again for easier access to La Plagne.

Somewhere on Sella Ronda in Italy (maybe less snow sure for this time of the year).

Also maybe Zillertal in Austria, cheaper, lots of nice resorts and glacier but will require bus or local train. Stay in Mayrhofen for example.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajc2260626, you might find that, for 3 weeks, it's worth getting a season pass - some areas offer "early purchase" discounts. I'd be tempted to go to the Sella Ronda too, as suggested above. There is a bit of a trade-off between "snowsureness" and "attractiveness" at that time of year. Courmayeur itself might be a bit limited for 3 weeks - though of course you do have Chamonix through the (expensive) tunnel and other areas not too far off. Another possibility would be the Chamonix Evasion area - Megeve, St Gervais, Combloux etc - St Gervais would be a good place to pick up a decent sized apartment and it's an attractive, busy, town not just a ski resort.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ajc2260626, Just like Tom W, staying in Peisey Vallandry you have Les Arcs on one side and La Plagne on the other. And by car 3V and Tignes/ValD is close. snowHead
This map shows the distance to different resorts in the area.

http://www.chalet-la-bas.com/ski/4577412311

So by car many possibilities and enough for 3 weeks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i thnk that we need to find somewhere that is 3 or 4 bed self catering that allows the hound to stay......i think that i would really like to find somewhere of 1500m resort height and thats ski in ski out but has other resorts that you could drive to in 30 mins.... and if poss i think that i would like to get away from france if possible for a change....keep the suggestions coming, much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sauze D'oulx - can't recommend accommodation but its part of a big linked area (Milky Way), can get ski in ski out, pretty, cheaper than France and with a car you can easily get to a number of other Italian and French resorts including Serre Chevalier. Italy has the best food in the Alps IMO
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If it was me I'd head for the Zillertal. Half a dozen decent sized resorts on one pass and easy to get to if you've got a car. Mayrhofen has the biggest range of accommodation, although I prefer the skiing at Zell am Ziller and Kaltenbach.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I vote also for Zillertal. Or maybe Radstadt.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
my mates who we will be going with fancy the aosta valley, i have never being there so in theory would be up for going there, i have had a look at the piste map and it would seem that you want to be in either champoluc or gressonay? is this the case and does anyone know where to find self catering chalets there?

cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy