Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advanced skier looking for ski buds

Poster: A snowHead
I want to ski like this every day all over the mountain, but have struggled to find friends/fam to do it with!

Would be great to meet some dudes who have the same outlook, and don't care too much for heavy aprés every night. Still love beer, but love skiing more. I'm 28 and live in Bath, UK.

http://youtube.com/v/2aXFPZjCsok

Cheers Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tdavis, A snowHead bash..or UCPA holiday.
Join your local ski club?

In case it's relevant I haven't watched your clip - our internet is too slow
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure it's actually tdavis, in the clip... we'd all like to ski like that every day all over the mountain. Sometimes I do (In my mind) snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tdavis, I take an easy day every now and again. You're welcome to join me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tom Doc, Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That vid really brings it home how good those guys are. The pace through the trees is scary.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tdavis, if you can ski like that . . . You only want someone to video you doing it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ha. Yes I'll admit i'm not secretly Candide, but it's a good one to show how I see skiing. Love that video.

It's going to be hard finding people, the ski club near is Bristol uni and their videos look like how you'd expect uni trips to be. Lots of badger face paint. Madeye-Smiley Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Club Med group4 off- piste only (helps if you speak French)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did have a look at package holiday advanced courses, but the level looks quite low from the videos. Think I'd get frustrated, especially if you're paying a load more for it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tdavis, there's always a complement of advanced skiers on the snowHeads bashes... and you pay no more (or even less) for it Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome - the off piste bash looks great. When do you guys release the 2015 info?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tdavis,

Have a look at snoworks.co.uk for some great offpiste & adventure skiing. Ask to join level 7 & you will have a great time Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi tdavis,

Not sure if you are still looking to go away anywhere?

Running a couple of 'camps' this season which may suit what you are looking for? My partner and I (who have recently set this up) are in our 20s from Dorset also love beer and the snow haha!

Almost everybody who goes on them books on solo, end up meeting some really cool people.

Feel free to get in contact or check out our website to have a look at what we are offering.

Lottie Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi tdavis
feb. 2015 im going to be singel in chamonix for a week or 2 !
i prefer the off-piste and really dont care much about the afterski drinking.
im 45 from denmark and have skied 200 + days. not an Expert but i can take care off my self in the backcountry.
if you would like to ride a coupel of line in the charm backcountry next february then write me
regards birger
snow conditions
tdavis, let me know what you decide. I too from the Bristol area
ski holidays
tdavis, the top levels of the UCPA off piste freeride holidays, for example in Chamonix/Argentiere, are reportedly very high. There are some reviews and discussion on snoweheads - do a search. this is one relevant thread. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68761 For skiing with qualified guides, with the equipment you need, etc, I don't think you'd find cheaper.
snow report
birger, and/or tdavis, I'm planning to be in Chamonix (and other places) from Feb 2015 through to end March mid April and am looking for people to team up with.

I ski off-piste and am into ski mountaineering. Standard good but not nearly as good as the video! I am male, 57 and live in the Highlands of Scotland where I get out touring whenever the conditions are good enough. This year I have purchased a motorhome and plan to park up in the Grepon car park in Chamonix but am also thinking of going elsewhere for a week here or there. If you don't mind cosy then I also have room for another in the van. I am an experienced alpine climber so fully competent at glacier travel and rescue. I have climbed in Chamonix a fair bit and been off-piste skiing there several times (I have several guide books). I have all necessary equipment for glacier work (rope, harness, etc.) as well as the essentials of probe, shovel and transceiver.

Very much prefer skiing to après ski but not averse to a drink or two Laughing

Let me know if you are interested. I'll probably also be posting a separate thread for looking for ski partners for this period.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy