Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'oulx march 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
Next march our group 6/8 has decided on sauze d'oulx,looking to do a long weekend in early march,thurs till monday,looking for chalet or hotel, near to the piste and a few bars,not looking for 5*,more value for money,was looking for any feed back, also any general tips on transfers etc,where to go, where to stay away from.

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi rothwell,

Our group has done as you describe for the last two years including this March. Ryanair flight from Stanstead to Turin (the other option is Gatwick (Easyjet) to Turin). Minibus hire right outside the door of departures. 1hr 15m transfer to Sauze. We've used the La Torre (4*) which whilst not near the piste (uphill 5-7 min walk) they have a private minibus that shuttles to the slopes constantly so effectively ski in/out. 2 min walk to the bars.

If you live t'up North, you may want to look at flights to Chambery which Jet2's website quotes at 1hr 35m transfer. However, weather can affect Chambery and I've not done this route so can't comment.

Regarding general tips:

There are a couple of very good restaurants in the town (l'Ortiche & Del Falco) and loads of bars
Slopeside restaurant to MAKE SURE you visit is the Ciao Pais off a red run above the Clotes lift - it is amazing

Other than the toilets in Paddy McGintys (scary !) I can't think of anywhere to avoid.

PM me if you'd like more detail.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks v much Snowmonkey69,I've seen a few posts on SH about La Torre,will give it a look,Yes i live up north in manchestershire,will check out Chambery,also seen a few good reviews on a hotel Stella?(as in the beer).
Thanks again for your help,it's a bit nerve wrecking trying to sort a jolly out for the lads that keeps everyone happy!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stella Alpina's excellent.
Right by the slopes and run by Caroline who is very heplful.

Fantastic skiing and has a good night-life, avoid Paddy's and use the Ghost Bar.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's a bit mean about Paddy's. The toilets are not great but the food is excellent!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agreed. The food & pub are equally brilliant. The toilets however are not !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Our group are very much fans of Miravalinno, opposite Paddy's. Or "The Bean Bag Bar", as we call it. A great place to slump into a bean bag after a hard day on the mountain, table service for beers and the nibbles are absolutely superb, amazing chicken wings, BBQ ribs and jalapeno poppers.

Can't wait to pay it another visit next February.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You are looking for accomodation over 2 weeks, that's going to make finding anything pretty hard. You would be better to go Saturday to Wednesday, will be much easier.

We used the Assietta on the square for a four day trip, among others. Vince Hawkins who owns the Del Falco restaurant found us an appartment on 2 trips, you could drop him an email and ask if he has any ideas nearer the time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Il Lampione is a great place with decent wine at decent prices
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy