Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix lift upgrade.

Poster: A snowHead
Work is underway upgrading the Plan Joran lift at GM. Not before time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

The evidence, not my photo. These are the old chairs. Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob, coolio Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jbob, They do take all the chairs off for a 10 year insurance /certification check.
I remember seeing all the chairs off a lift in La Plagne one summer and thought that a lift replacement had been kept quiet, went back a few days later and all the chairs were back on again..... Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, They are not putting these back on, the whole place is dug up and they are busy taking the towers down Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, I heard its part of a major upgrade, this is very good news.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob, there's a thread somewhere that describes the upgrade.

New lift (chair or bubble i forget) going higher up the hill.

Whether or not it is good news divides opinion.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it's rubbish news, the whole place will be totally tracked before any normal person gets up!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
midgetbiker, CH2O, it's better news than closing Plan Joran without installing a replacement (I understand it was almost overdue to be condemned). Reling on the Lognan benne as the sole uplift would certainly keep the tracks to a minimum but it's difficult to sell the idea of queuing from La Praz to ride the GMs at 16h00, if you even got up...

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
midgetbiker, It is going to the top of the old Plan Rojon chair (the fixed grip triple).

CH2O, won't make a blind bit of notice for anything above mid station - the carrying capacity of the Bochard, Herse and Top bin affect that, in fact it gives you More chance to get up there before it gets tracked out.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
it will move 12 times more people to the same spot in the same time, go figure!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CH2O wrote:
it will move 12 times more people to the same spot in the same time, go figure!

I think your maths are getting similar to the french train builders - 1800 to 3200 per hour a multiple of twelve does not make....isn't even double?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19311 that one?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Told you all - it divides opinion - point proven.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd stopped going to GM on powder days, the queue was out the door way before 8.30am.
It's a big mountain there's room for everyone.
I swear there's a bloody nightshift.
snow conditions
Top of the list now IMHO would be a replacement for the Flegere cable car with a high capacity bubble like the one at Brevent.
snow conditions
jbob, Top of my list too, but it's not happening, CdMB submitted a multi year investment plan to get there contract renewed and Flegere is not in it.
ski holidays
I <think> part of the issue is designing Flegere isn't really optimal due wind effects and Brevent access is preferred?
latest report
under a new name wrote:
I <think> part of the issue is designing Flegere isn't really optimal due wind effects and Brevent access is preferred?

Can't be windier than the Bouchard. The area around the Brevent in busy times quickly descends into traffic chaos, as I'm sure you are aware of. At least you can walk there. I once got caught at the top of the Flegere cc and had to wait over an hour to get on, that day it was still running after 7pm getting some very cold people down.
I did once hear that there was a proposal to connect the bottom of the Le Trapp down to the valley and from there instal a lift up to the bottom of the Lavancher chair. The issue was lack of real estate in the valley, but it would connect GM with Flegere/Brevent. I don't think it will ever happen.
ski holidays
jbob, as I sa! Could just be rumour or scuttlebutt
snow conditions
Aren't wind problems in a location a reason to switch a cable car for a gondola (as they are supposedly less susceptible)?
ski holidays
http://www.chamonet.com/events/news/lognan-lift-watch-part-1-675409.html

Latest news on lift upgrade at GM.
latest report
The remontees mechanique thread is a bit more up-to-date than the Chamonet one:
http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19311&st=40
Impressive how much has been achieved in just 4 weeks.

I'll be out there in a month - I've still not discovered if the originally-rumoured magic carpet up from the car park was included in the final plan.
ski holidays
It's going to be a ten man gondola, now that will shift some people.
snow report
http://www.chamonet.com/events/news/lognan-lift-watch-part-3-675544.html

Wow!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy