Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying with skis to Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

First of all, sorry if this is not the right place to put this thread. If so, please move it to the proper one.

Now that the season is over, we are starting to plan the next one. Hopefully the summer passes by without noticing too much.

We are willing to try the Hokkaido's dry pow next year Very Happy

and consequently we are seraching for flights to get there. There are several options to fly from Madrid (Spain) to Tokio. We have flilghts around 600€ and one layover to make. We are considering:

Turkish Airlines
Qatar Airways
Japan Airlines

We also have a direct flight to Seoul and there we could fly directly to Sapporo but there are no flights yet.

There is the same situation with domestic flights from Tokio to Sapporo. Nothing scheduled for January 15 with lowcosts such as Jetstar or Skimark.

Do you know when they'll start to sell tickets?

What is your expierience carrying your own equipment? For the time being I only see clearly stated in their policies that either Turkish and Qatar allow it without extra costs.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at KLM.

Madrid - Sapporo (CTS) via Tokyo / Osaka / Nagoya or Seoul.

Prices they are quoting at the moment between 830 and 900 euros.

I fly with KLM from Cardiff - Amsterdam - mainland Japan or Seoul - Sapporo and have no problem putting ski bag with clothes in checked luggage (up to 23 kg), and then carry on 1 bag with boots and electrical equipment, a lap top bag, and my ski helmet.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Avoid Turkish Airlines, I hear many bad accounts of transfers at Istanbul.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Qatar Airways have a good reputation for cabin service, a new fleet, and a brand new (opened this month) airport for your transfer. Not sure if they will take skis FOC but if they do and the price is right give them a try (I used to live in Doha - when the old airport was misery). QR and THY will split your journey roughly in half. JAL gives a very long hop from Spain, I guess.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy