Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

villaroger to les arcs snowboard access

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - am thinking of a snowboarding trip to Villaroger next year and want to know how easy it is to get to the les Arcs area (avoiding black runs).

It looks like I either:

a) Head up Plan Des Violettes lift, go down Rhonaz, then up Pre-Saint-Esprit - though I've read elsewhere that Rhonaz is flat?
b) After Plan Des Violettees, go up Droset, down aiguille rouge then the reservoir blue. I'm not sure if this gets me to the main lifts from arc 2000 or if I need to walk a long way to get to them.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephen
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
from wherever u stay in villaroger, it will be a short walk to the first lift of the day. then it's 3 lifts up (about 30 mins in total zzz), one after another and you're above 2000 from where the world's your lobster. the runs home would are varied too to avoid flat bits. I wouldn't recommend taking the rhonaz blue across to pre st.esprit on a board as it is quite flat in places. one advantage of villaroger is it's only 15/20 mins from tignes for a day out as a day in espace killy is included in the price of your les arcs lift pass.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not only does Rhonaz have flat sections but you have to cross a road and walk a long way to the Pre st Espirit lift. It is, however very scenic and quiet. Better to keep going up and the blue down to Arc 2000. From there you are in the heart of 2000. To get back take the lanchette lift followed by a mixture of reds and blues.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rhonaz has flat sections and is narrow - i've never managed to get all the way along it without having to pole and/or skate. Lift is then the slowest in the world!

Best take the 3-lifts and drop into Arc 2000
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Of course, a benefit of Rhonaz is that at the end, where it's skis / board off to cross the road, there's a pen of huskies. Always good for a piccie or two
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jamesgurney, And of course the bus stop to take you back to Arc 1600 if you have missed the last lift
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with above, Rhonaz is flat. You need to get 2nd chair up from VR le Pre. Even on skis I'd never choose Rhonaz route over.

Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

(about 30 mins in total zzz)

+1 on the ZZZZ
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy