Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me all you know about Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Just for IncogSkiSno, who is now booked for Zell too!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, Aww, thanks your all heart Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm getting excited....it's snowing there...and I go skiing on Sat snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B,

Conditions look amazing. Who need France and their mega resorts???
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, Ooh good, would you pass on all your info/tips to us please? snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, certainly will. When are you there?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, 18th March I only booked today, i am now a little concerned about the snow by then after reading this thread Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The SKGB site was threatening 20cm yesterday/today. I'm hoping for a few days of snow and then next week being very sunny.

I'm back out there for the 1st week of April.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, keen then! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSno, nope...work!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B,

Sounds like an OK job?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, that all depends on the kids....oh, and their teachers!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crying or Very sad I want to go Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Renry, Try and get a cheap deal like I did, sounds like you fell in love with ZaS? snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It was a special time, it being my first ski holiday abroad. The early season snow was as good as they have had for 50 years and we where away with the family and our 9 month old daughter for the first time. As im sure you all do I have all my photographs as desktop pictures and screenies to remind me what a fantastic time we all had. If you guys who are going have half as much fun as I did you will have a great time.
snow conditions
Latest reports from ski club on Zel amSee

Last snowed: 6 Feb 2006 :
Powder alert: 36 cm of freh snow Lifts open: 28 out of 28
Partly cloudy, some sunny spells
Today: Sun/Cloud
Temperature: -4°C
Tomorrow: Light snow
Piste conditions
Lower slopes: 75 cm
Upper slopes: 146 cm
Piste Information
On piste: Excellent
Off piste: Varied
Resort runs: Fresh

You lucky bugs who are about to go! Mad
snow conditions
Yippee, heading out to Zell early saturday morning, can't wait now ....

C'mon, bring on the powder ... snowHead
latest report
BrightonSki, where are you staying?
latest report
snow report
Looking at the webcam today the lake looks well frozen over.

http://panpic2.feratel.at/panpic2/index.jsp?ID=5295&design=feratel2&getlatest=true&language=en
ski holidays
Ski monkey saying 'hello'. I'm off to Zell for the first time on Feb 25th. Conditions look great with plenty more white stuff due over the next week or so. it's also my first time skiing in Austria. Been to Italy for the past five years. I hear it's much better in Austria - this true?
snow conditions
skimonkey,
Quote:

I hear it's much better in Austria - this true?

Welcome to sH's. I prefer Austria myself, but I wouldn't like to say it's better, however, the snow is better this year though snowHead You should have a great time, and don't forget to report back here upon your return please Very Happy as there are a few of us also heading out to ZaS for the first time too. Toofy Grin
latest report
Just got back from Zell am See. Didn't get to ski the whole resort, but was very impressed by the bits I did. Looking forward to going back at Easter.
ski holidays
Only 2 weeks to go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, Don't leave it there, we need more info!!! Confused Come on . . . what were the conditions like . . . where did you go etc etc etc Puzzled

johnboy, Can you smell the snow now? snowHead
snow conditions
Elizabeth B,

Did you spend a full week there?

IncogSkiSno,

I certainly can and it looks like we might get a chance to put the planks on at home this week as well Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
johnboy, So I see, do you have your own ski etc?
snow conditions
Elizebath B Did you ski the Black down to the base of the City Express?
See further down this Thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=12689&highlight=

I left it to the last two days (due to my limited skiing experience) but skiied it well, i thought so anyway.

I enjoyed the runs from the top restaurant down to the bottom restaurant. You could cruise it all the way on nice blues and reds.

I found that Zell ticked all the boxes for me and would go back there. This time later in the season. Not because the snow wasnt up to much in Late December but that the lake wast frozen over.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Black 14 was an excellent run, not too difficult for a newbie like me, has a lovely view on the way down http://photosandstuff.fotopic.net/p26012846.html was taken from half way down.
snow conditions
Just got back from a week in Zell am See yesterday; conditions at the start of the week were excellent, but a combination of strong sun, higher temps and large numbers of people on the slopes meant that the lower slopes (basically everything from mid-station downwards) were icy in the mornings and like mogulled porridge in the afternoons - the upper slopes were still in great shape though and the beautiful weather meant that the conditions were glorious most days, although we downloaded on the City Express gondola to avoid the carnage on the lower slopes.

The conditions on the glacier at Kaprun were even better and the quality of the snow was fantastic, although the runs aren't as interesting as those in Zell am See; despite the crowds, the lift queues weren't too bad, apart from the main chair adjacent to the Alpine Centre that connects to most of the t-bars. On Friday, visibility on the glacier varied between non-existent and perfect on a minute to minute basis and the wind was blowing the powder off the runs right at the top of the mountain.

There was a little bit of fresh snow on Friday on the glacier, but I don't think anything fell in Zell am See - it could definitely do with a decent dump to refresh things, especially on the lower runs (which were starting to look decidedly patchy in places).
snow report
The_Mac_Daddy wrote:
Black 14 was an excellent run, not too difficult for a newbie like me, has a lovely view on the way down http://photosandstuff.fotopic.net/p26012846.html was taken from half way down.

I didnt ski that run, it was one of very few areas I didnt get to while there. Nice picture though.

Was the lake frozen while you where there ,it looks like it from the photo?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 27-02-06 9:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Numb, any pictures?
latest report
IncogSkiSno,

Yeah, got my own skis and boots on a trip to Livigno in 2003. Very cheap
snow report
Sorry about the lack of details...will post more when I get a free 5 mins!!
snow conditions
Elizabeth B,

We're still waiting Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Only 8 sleeps and I managed a few Irish turns this morning Very Happy
ski holidays
50cm predicted on Sat and Sunday at top station.

That'll do nicely Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
We will have to watch Ireland vs Scotland in the airport next saturday, after check in.
snow report
Okay...a few more details about my trip.

I went with a school group from the midlands (13-16yr olds), staying at Club Kitzsteinhorn. The accomodation was fantastic for a school group, having loads of facilities on site (including a full sized sports hall, squash court, pool and table tennis, and a bowling alley!!), and being geared up for young people.

As most of the kids hadn't skied before, they spent most of the week on the nursery slope at the bottom of the Arietbahn lift. As I had to be around for the start/finish of their lessons, I didn't get to ski the whole resort, and we didn't go to the glacier due to bad weather. The ski school, based at the bottom of the Arietbahn lift were great. The two instructors that we had were totally flexible regarding times of lessons, and meeting points. They were also really good with the kids.

Despite being a busy week, the Arietbahn staff managed lift queues wonderfully. No gondola left without 6 people in, and a singles queue meant that I got up the mountain quickly, as I was skiing solo. The blue runs were really busy around the place, as there were loads of (mainly English) school kids having lessons, but the reds were okay and the black runs deserted. Black 14 was my particular favourite, as it is a long run that maintains it's pitch for the whole descent. This run (along with black 13) end up at a cable car, which had quite a long wait for it...but snow conditions were okay, so you could ski from there to the bottom of the City Xpress gondola to get back up the mountain.

The only mountan restaurant that I went to was the ArietAlm (at the top of the 1st Arietbahn gondola). They were quite busy, but getting there early meant that there was no problem getting space for a group. They also have a picnic area outside, which was useful as we had packed lunches.

Snow conditions were good, with sun for the 1st half of the week, then snow for the rest (except for one afternoon when it rained in the lower slopes!).

Looking forward to going back at Easter snowHead
latest report
Thanks Elizabeth B,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy