Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me all you know about Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Good news.

Topflight has brought it forward from 18th to 4th March, so snow conditions should be better.

We are staying in Hotel Neue Post, the prize includes lift pass, ski hire and lessons. According to their brochure that adds up to around 2K Sterling.

One happy bunny Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyone stayed in that hotel?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just got back from our week in zell. Skiied Schmitt 5 days and Kitz just the one day. Had a great time, snow fall was good and our ski shuttle driver informed us that the ammount of whitestuff we had was similar to what they expect in February.
We stayed a bit away from Zell itself and used the lockers at Intersport at the base of the City Express lift.
Wish I was still there

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 27-12-05 19:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renry,

Yeah it looked pretty good on the cams
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just wanted to share a couple of photographs i took last week in Zell

n.b. images re-posted to snowMedia zone in order to reduce embedded file sizes
da management
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So how did you get on with your skiing there Renry? Looks very nice & nice snow!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
renry, top photos!

hope it's as good when we get there on saturday Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry about the size of the photographs, i was meant to resize but got sidetracked.

The skiing was great Cathy Coins, I found it easy the first 3 days, nice and smooth (shown in the first photo) for my first time abroad, you could ski a run of blues right from the peak of schmittenhohoe down to the top of the first cable car the city express.
We had further heavy snowfall on the Thursday afternoon right through to the end of Friday which made it a bit tricky. I skiied the reds well enough but felt that I had just about reached my limit. However on the last day I convinced myself I would regret it if I didnt complete the black run which takes you down to Zell and the base of the city express. I did this twice and I would'nt say that I found it easy but I was confortable with it which really made my holiday. As for Zell as a ski area I felt it suited my early intermediate ability.

A great time.

Have you been there befo AlpineWalker, ? If you want more info I can post more if you like.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 15-01-06 16:26; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[/quote]However on the last day I convinced myself I would regret it if I didnt complete the black run which takes you down to Zell and the base of the city express. I did this twice and I would say that I didnt find it easy but I was confortable with it which really made my holiday. [/quote]

There is one particularly nasty right turn about a two thirds of the way down, narrow and icy all week, got the better of me once out of 4 days!

Nice little schirmbar at the bottom of that piste for a well earned beer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Renry, glad you had a great time in Zell, it's a nice little area and town. Although your pics have been re-sized pixel wise, they are still pretty large files (about 750K each) which could make life difficult for dial-up users. If you wouldn't mind we could move them to the snowMedia zone and re-link to them from there (be much smaller files then) - or you're welcome to do that yourself of course snowHead What do you think?

Edit 29/12/05 - I've re-posted them as you can see above. Hope that's OK with you Cool

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 29-12-05 11:34; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry wrote:
Have you been there befo AlpineWalker, ? If you want more info I can post more if you like.

Renry been there a number of times in the summer including my daughter's wedding last August at Schloss Prielau, also skied last February when we had great conditions, stayed in Schuttdorf about 5 mins from the bottom of the Areitbahn and skied Schmittenhohe, Maiskogel at Kaprun, Kitzsteinhorn and some of Saalbach-Hinterglemm - we were completely wiped out every night and in bed by about 9pm - it was superb snowHead

AW
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Renry, sounds like you had a great time and progressed really well with your skiing through the week. Have you booked your next hols yet??
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If only.

My skiing I feel will be limited.

Im kinda' hoping the wife may let me go on my own for a midweek or long weekend somtime in Feb 06.

Ive got the bug bad, Xscape will not provide any cure for my new found cravings for the mountains. Sad Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry, The EOSB perhaps ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Renry,

Thanks for the pics. Looks like there will be a fantastic base for the season
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fantastic pics Renry. Just booked for Jan 07 - staying at Seehof (the cheapest hotel, so I can spash out on private lessons). Can anyone recommend a cheap ski hire shop and cheap ski school for lessons in Zell?
snow conditions
Renry, did Mrs Renry not go with you this time or did she just not get so hooked as you? I think Frosty's suggestion of the EOSB is a good one! You're right, Xscape is just not the same as the mountains!
snow report
Brill photos Renry,
ski holidays
Durham Red wrote:
Fantastic pics Renry. Just booked for Jan 07 - staying at Seehof (the cheapest hotel, so I can spash out on private lessons). Can anyone recommend a cheap ski hire shop and cheap ski school for lessons in Zell?

We paid in total only 221 Euros for 1 set of intermediate skiis and 3 x bigginer skis with boots. Booked through www.snowrental.net
We collected the skis from ski Zell (3 postplatz) which is a shop only a 5 minute walk from the base of the city express main llift and near the central bus stop, all where classed as a top ski but they also did do a VIP ski however I found my top ski did just the job. or if you want to spend a bit more and get newer skiis but more expensive then go to intersport which is directly beneath the city express @ Talstation City XPress this has some good equipment, go to https://secure.intersportrent.at/buchung/rent.php?season=w&lang=en . They also have lockers at intersport which cost 24 euros for the week. I think the lockers are free if you hire the skiis from them, but im not sure.

Lessons can also be purchased @ intersport through that web site or in the shop if you want

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 15-01-06 16:31; edited 9 times in total
snow conditions
Cathy Coins wrote:
Renry, did Mrs Renry not go with you this time or did she just not get so hooked as you? I think Frosty's suggestion of The EOSB is a good one! You're right, Xscape is just not the same as the mountains!

Yes all the family went. Me the wife and even our 7 month old daughter. + another 4 adults and 2 teenage girls to share out the baby sitting wink
I will see what the 'gaffer' says about the trip Embarassed
ski holidays
I have quite a few more photographs im willing to share. I will post on the media zone when I get time
latest report
Renry,

That is a good price - cheers!
ski holidays
Renry,

More photos please Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
A few more posted in the snowMedia Zone
latest report
Thanks Renry,

Conditions look great at the moment. Surely this base will last well through the season
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:
Thanks Renry,

Conditions look great at the moment. Surely this base will last well through the season

I take it you are there at the moment mate. How is it looking? Remind me to it wont you, i miss it dearly. Sad
latest report
Renry,

No, I don't go till March, but have been looking at the cams an d snow reports and it looks fantastic for this time of year
snow report
Back to the top
ski holidays
Well I too have decided to visit Zell early Feb this year, staying at the hotel heitzmann. Love to hear any hints, tips, advice etc. It's always good to go with a bit of insider information Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I met my future wife there in 1986. Still happily married 20 years later. I remember Zell fondly
latest report
A look here is a good start fossil, http://www.schmitten.at/en/default.aspx

If you want any more info I assume you have read the rest of this thread. Any other questions just ask m8
snow report
Is there much to do in Zell am See for non-skiers? The wife and I are heading there for a week on Saturday 18th March along with another couple and their 9-year old son - unfortunately the kid has just fallen in the playground at school and has broken his right arm above the elbow.

This was to be their first ski trip since their son was born, so understandably they are totally gutted. He's going to a fracture clinic on Thursday for some further assessment, but obviously it seems unlikely that he'll be able to learn to ski. Rather than having to cancel the trip, they're considering going ahead anyway and just taking it in turns to ski morning/afternoons or day about.

Are there enough distractions/activities to keep a 9-year old (and one adult who'd rather be skiing!) occupied in Zell am See for a week?
latest report
It is nice to walk round the lake. There is an ice rink. A weekend market, plenty of nice places to eat and Drink if you dont mind a bit of travel salzburg is a beautiful city which is worth a visit and you can get the train from Zell am See
latest report
Thanks - if it was an injured adult I wouldn't be too worried that they'd be able to put their time in; it's the fact that he's only 9 that concerns me.
Not sure that an ice rink is the best option for someone who managed to break their arm by falling in a playground though wink
snow conditions
Anyone got any recent pictures they are willing to share?

Was wondering hoiw the place is looking this time of year
latest report
Renry, I'll take some in 10 days time!! snowHead
snow report
please do, im miss the place. Have you been there befor Elizabeth. If not check out the media zone as I have submitted a few more pictures there. We where there Dec 17th for a week and the conditions where perfect. The best early season snow they had had for a number of years. Im interested to hear what it is like now, they appear to not have had much snow since so it was just as well loads came down early. I hope you have a great trip, we sure did.
snow conditions
I'll take some next week snowHead it's forcast to snow there from Sunday onwards so fingers crossed conditions will be great Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Renry, I've been there in the Summer, and skied at Kitzenhorn, but not been in the winter....yet!!
snow report
Elizabeth B how was the skiing at that time of year as we are more then likely going to go later this year, my inlaws have a Club Lacosta membership and a week at the Alpine Village (where we stayed in Dec) is relatively cheap to stay at out of the normal ski season.
snow report
Well, I say summer...it was the end of May/ start of June.

It was fine until about 1/2pm at which point it got very slushy. However the restaurant had sun loungers out, so it was noce to stay up there a bit later for a late lunch/read a book.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy