Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me all you know about Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Elizabeth B, Thanks, for the update. Your turn next johnboy but I shan't be around to read it. Sad Do you have any sH stickers?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno,

No, i don't. How do I get some ??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, here
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, so if you get some before you leave, you could put one some where in Zel am See, and i could add another and then EB and whoever else. A sort of sticker hunt Laughing I only have one, got it free with my calendar Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just added a report to the resort report section....in case any of you are interested wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, Of course we're interested. snowHead

johnboy, It's looking very promising for you

Sorry I can't get the full link you will have to find it yourself. Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnboy, Am I too late with this info? .... just got back from Saalbach yesterday and came through Zell on the way to the airport. It was utterly hammering down with snow all the way from Saalbach, through Zell and to the airport!! I honestly reckon they'll have had a couple of feet of powder at the top - all falling with seemingly no wind whatsoever too ....... lucky lucky people!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers Adamski, andIncogSkiSno, and Elizabeth B,

It's looking good
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lets just hope its keeps well until next week and the week after for IncogSkiSno,

Oh IncogSkiSno,

Hve ordered some stickers so will place them to indicate the best watering holes etc
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, Oh good! Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
5 sleeps for me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

12 for IncogSnoSki Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy, Very Happy You're that excited you've got my name all muxed ip Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, Just to let you know that snow-forecast.com predict light or moderated snow from now till Thursday snowHead snowHead snowHead Lucky you it should be good. Very Happy

4 sleeps johnboy, Very Happy

11 sleeps for me Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IncogSkiSno wrote:
johnboy, Just to let you know that snow-forecast.com predict light or moderate snow from now till Thursday snowHead snowHead snowHead Lucky you it should be good. Very Happy

4 sleeps johnboy, Very Happy

11 sleeps for me Very Happy
latest report
IncogSkiSno,

Oops Embarassed
ski holidays
johnboy, Laughing Laughing Laughing I think you quoted the wrong post? Confused
ski holidays
3 sleeps Very Happy

Well probably 2.5. I will be too excited come friday. Sad but true
snow conditions
1.5 sleeps Very Happy
snow conditions
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Renry,

I'll take some pics for you
latest report
That would be good. I hope to be a regular visitor to Zell and to see the conditions at different times of the year may be helpfull.
Are you going to ski Kaprun aswell johnboy, ?
latest report
Renry,

Hopefully Kaprun and Saalbach

Is Kaprun and the Glacier the same area, are they connected?
snow conditions
Yes they are.

Zell am See (Schmittenhoe) Kaprun (Kitsteinhorn) are on the same pass

Saalbach is seperate (ski Circus)

enjoy it, I did wink
snow conditions
Cheers

Renry,
snow report
johnboy, Will you be popping in on here while you are in ZaS, as I would love to hear from you before I leave snowHead
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno,

I will do my best to update conditions through the week. I believe the hotel has internet access
latest report
johnboy, If you just get on here the once I shall be happy. snowHead Is this thread now turning into the likes of the Jungfrau Ski Region? Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno,

Yes,

The thread is doing well, even though I do have to pop it to the top now and again. Certainly seems to be a popular wee resort.

I don't think we ever match the grand status of the W Word wink
snow report
johnboy wrote:
Is Kaprun and the Glacier the same area, are they connected?

No. They are on the same lift pass, and the glacier is often incorrectly referred to as Kaprun. Kaprun has a small ski area that is not lift linked to the glacier. You need to stay on the ski bus past Kaprun and a good few miles further on. You know that you're at the glacier when you get to two gondolas...one each side of the road, and are miles from anywhere else!!

Be aware...your lift pass only covers you for one ride up in the gondola each day. You can't ski down, so it shouldn't be an issue...but make sure you don't forget your goggles/skis etc etc
ski holidays
Elizabeth B,

Cheers, good advice
snow report
2.5 hrs of work left (Half day)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
johnboy, the second word is OFF
ski holidays
...and the first word is WEEK wink
snow report
What are you two on about? I have 2.5 hours of work left before I go home and go down my laminated check list before packing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
The first word was of course "you're"
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:

No. They are on the same lift pass, and the glacier is often incorrectly referred to as Kaprun. Kaprun has a small ski area that is not lift linked to the glacier. You need to stay on the ski bus past Kaprun and a good few miles further on. You know that you're at the glacier when you get to two gondolas...one each side of the road, and are miles from anywhere else!!

Be aware...your lift pass only covers you for one ride up in the gondola each day. You can't ski down, so it shouldn't be an issue...but make sure you don't forget your goggles/skis etc etc

Johnboy, your hotel (Hotel Neue Post I think?) is very close to the skibus stop in Zell am See - if this link works, the bus leaves from the Post-platz, which is at most a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The City Express gondola is less than 5 minutes away, so you're in a good spot.

The bus to the Kitzsteinhorne glacier takes about 30 minutes - there is an "express" one that misses out a few of the normal stops, but I never managed to work out how to tell the difference between the express and the normal service. The Postplatz is the first stop - so it's quite easy to get on; when we were there at half-term, by the time the bus got to Schuttdorf, the queue was a bit more "challenging" - and the stop for the gondolas up to the glacier is the last stop, so it's pretty simple. Buses leave the Postplatz every 20 minutes.

The ski area close to Kaprun is called Maiskogel, but I didn't ski there - we just went on up to the glacier. According to an instructor I spoke with, there are plans to directly link Kaprun to the glacier within a couple of years.
latest report
Thanks Numb,

We were origionally in the Neue Post, but we won the holiday with Topflight and they moved us to The Grand.

Incidently, I haven't been overly impressed with topflight.

They have moved both the date of travel and hotel several times, have been very difficult to get information out of and to date we haven't received tickets and have just been advised to give a reference no on arrival at the airport.
Lets hope their service in resort is more efficient. I know I shouldn't complain as it's a free trip, but there you go
ski holidays
The Grand hotel is right on the lake, so it's a bit more of a hike to the Postplatz and the City Express gondola. You can rent lockers at the Intersport shop at the City Express gondola, which would save you carting your gear up and down (or if you're renting gear, I think you can leave your skis there overnight as part of the rental deal) - don't recall what the cost is, but I don't think it's excessive. There's a nice bar across the road from the City Express gondola, called "Einkehr" - a bit more chilled than some of the other apres venues.

I flew with directski.com out of Belfast International into Salzburg, but I think the flight was shared with Topflight - it was a Czech Airlines charter.
ski holidays
johnboy, the area that Numb, is talking about at Maiskogel is good for a morning or even a day. Not a huge amount of piste but very varied and worth a visit. However I did find enough at Zell to keep me interested for the week. I think Zell is a fantastic area to ski and has the most fantastic panoramic views.

I think it cost us about 30 euros to stroe our gear at Intersport @ the city express however im pretty sure if you rent for them storage is part of the rental price. Intersport also have a good choice of rental skiis and cheap servicing over night should you feel the need.

The glacia though is a must visit.

I hope you have as good a time as we did

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 10-03-06 12:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy