Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toe Cap Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am really into the toe bindings and thinking about buying a pair but a friend showed me the K2 Cinch bindings and I'm really liking the fast back up of those to banish post chair faffing.

Anyone know if there are bindings that have a toe cap and rear entry too? (That's not meant to sound dodge Embarassed )

Or who I can tell to make me some? wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can't have both... if you want accuracy of attachment gets straps. IMO the "toe cap" strap is the best of the rest. If you want ease of access get Flows (rear entry). Not sure how long you'll have to wait before someone would make something with both, maybe they already do but I can't see why, they don't really complement each other although in theory it would be a great set up. I don't think it would be worth trying to make one either.

Each to there own and all that but have you thought about skiing? No issues of dodgy bindings then... Twisted Evil
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, If I were you, I'd buy 'cap stap' bindings. I've got a set of Burton Cartels with these straps and they are the most comfy bindings I've ever used. My brother on the other hand has K2 Cinch, and as far as I can tell, they don't save you a massive amount of time strapping in. Besides, if you set up regular straps properly, it should only take a few seconds to put on anyway.

hope that helps Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor wrote:
You can't have both... if you want accuracy of attachment gets straps. IMO the "toe cap" strap is the best of the rest. If you want ease of access get Flows (rear entry). Not sure how long you'll have to wait before someone would make something with both, maybe they already do but I can't see why, they don't really complement each other although in theory it would be a great set up. I don't think it would be worth trying to make one either.

Each to there own and all that but have you thought about skiing? No issues of dodgy bindings then... Twisted Evil

Skiing? Shocked

If it's great in theory, why wouldn't it work?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mamcoz wrote:
Ok, If I were you, I'd buy 'cap stap' bindings. I've got a set of Burton Cartels with these straps and they are the most comfy bindings I've ever used. My brother on the other hand has K2 Cinch, and as far as I can tell, they don't save you a massive amount of time strapping in. Besides, if you set up regular straps properly, it should only take a few seconds to put on anyway.

hope that helps Very Happy

Mate says that the cinch are really no fuss. Tried step in once and iked speed but supports and movement in the boot was total carp. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i'm a total flow convert, can't recommend them enough!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes skiing. Evolution is the key here. Man started off life as a monkey dragging their knuckles. Then they stood up and learnt to ski. Evolution. Then someone decided to try it sideways (hey, I even joined in!) so it was back to knuckle dragging, wet / cold back bottoms and lots of flapping and hopping just to get anywear. Then more evolution. Skis got fat and man no longer had to snowboard to charge big lines and spend days flying in the park. See, easy really. Evolution. You'll catch up at some point Wink

I don't think it'll work because the toe cap will feel a little naked compared to having a whole boot area covered on a rear entry binding. The point of the toe caps being successful is that you can really pull your heel backwards and with downward pressure into the binding getting a very snug fit with a very responsive ride. The flows work on a different principle, they 'push' the boot forward into the binding, so why only push into a toe cap when you can have a very large strap that supports a large part of the boot. You could do it (a toe cap Flow) but I think everyone would prefer the existing wide straps.

Now back to the skiing... Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, or ebay Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor, 'Then someone decided to try it sideways (hey, I even joined in!) so it was back to knuckle dragging, wet / cold back bottoms and lots of flapping and hopping just to get anywear.'

Not if you can do it right!!! Little Angel

Anyway, my knuckles are hurting as I type but....my idea was to actually have the toe cap at the front, then your bog standard top of the foot ratchet strap and then a rear entry back. So my ideal binding would be a K2 cinch but with the front strap as a toe cap. Does that sound more feasible?

Dan, What do you think?

PS. I ski too but shhhhh, don't tell anyone... wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Freestyle, i'd given them a go as i love them but i hate all this crappy debate that you get on other forums about one being better than the other. I'm pretty sure that anything you can do in straps you can do in flows as i've not noticed any lack of response but i can now ride in comfort rathering than killing my feet. The large base plate also raises my toes that little bit futher off the board so less drag than my other strap bidings. I have to admit my straps were old though and some straps may be better now but i've got no reason to try them out. I've had mine for 2 years i think now and they are brilliant!!! And they are so much more comfortable. The quickness is a minor benefit to me! In powder i've not had any problems that i didn't have with straps either................go play!

best bet is to have go on one of the indoor slopes and see how you get on, try all types and see which work best for you. Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor wrote:

Except for Line Reactors Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you want fast straps with toe caps you should check out the new high-end Salomon bindings. Their "fast fit" system is very nice - serves a dual purpose of making the toe strap faster to go on and more importantly keeps the toe strap out of the way so that you can just push the heel strap out of the way and strap in while standing up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dan,

'but i hate all this crappy debate that you get on other forums about one being better than the other'

Gotcha - I'm deff on for saying that everyone has their own taste and comfort with their kit.

I'm wondering if I'm in with a chance of finding my ideal bindingsponder, I'll have a search for those salomon's..thanks both Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ponder,

Oooh, BTW, what's Grouse Mountain like for snowboarding?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grouse mountain is arguably the worst mountain in all of BC for skiing/boarding - small vertical, wet snow and often rain. Never-the-less, I've actually had some super-fun days there, even when the snow was crap - especially one day earlier this season when it was 16 degrees celcius up top (!!!!), with only half a green run open, and a small run with rails, but just spent all day there with a friend ollieing of everything in site and screwing around on the rails.
Grouse is fun for a day here and a day there, but if you were riding it regularly you'd get very bored.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy