Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI 1 Refresher Course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all..
Due to attend a BASI Level 1 Refresher course Saturday week. Has anyone on this site attended a refresher course or about to. Since I passed my Level 1 3 years ago, Never taught, shadowed a number of times but that's about all. Bit apprehensive.. Is it a pass or fail situation again. I hope not Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did a few during a period I wasn't teaching and don't remember anyone not getting their license revalidated. They were more like a day's training than assessment. I enjoyed them, have fun!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr Hog Roast,

I'd make sure you have some sliding time before you attend. I have known people fail it......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
scooby_simon, which kind of begs the question: what level are we assessed at during a refresher: L1, or the level on your licence if it is higher?

Right now ISIA members (L3+) have to do the same refresher as L1 but do it every year, unless further courses are attended. Should re-validation be tougher for L2,3,4? Roy (BASI product manager) mentioned a new refresher programme during the attendees meeting last week, be interesting to see what it consists of, and hopefully well see it announced quite soon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the refresher day pass/fail? I've never done one but I thought that you just attended rather needed to pass?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm sure we were told on Friday (at the end of our Level 1 course) that the refresher was:
* to make sure we were up to date with the latest teaching methods, etc
* was not about our own skiing performance.
* was not a pass/fail thing, but about attendance
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RobW, what happened to your reply post - or was I seeing things. In any case, I believe you now when you said that scooby_simon was simply pulling my leg. But what confuses me is that I understand from the information I picked up from the BASI Website that the refresher course also includes those that need to be re-assessed from a previous L1 course (failed a technical element) and those who want to convert from trainee instructor to L1 Instructor.
I will be interested to know how our Trainer will manage to refresh the L1'ners, assess the re-assessors and convert the converters all at the same time. Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did a BASI refresher end of last year at Castleford. Really enjoyed the day no pressure just informative and fun. Mix of L1/L2/L3 and my wife who was doing a SSE Level 2 conversion.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy