Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

knee injury, snowboarding soon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

i'm not sure if this has been covered heaps of times already but sorry if it has.

A couple of days ago i twisted my knee playing soccer and had to go to hospital for it. I'm currently on crutches and am unable to put pressure on it or twist at all. My problem is that i'm going snowboarding in just over two months and looking into travel insurance. I am obviously going to declare my injury as a pre existing medical condition however was wondering if anyone else has been in this position and has any experience with providers??

Any information would be helpful as there is a million different places and i've not had dealings with any of them before,

I am located in australia by the way Smile

thanks for your help..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hrv888, In my case (ACL repair) in the UK they might put an exclusion on that knee (ie it's not covered) or they might increase the excess. They wanted an ok to ski from the doc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hrv888, Welcome to snowHead

Did they scan your knee at the hospital? Do you know what damage you have caused? It's useful to know what you are dealing with in the long term, but rest, ice, compression & elevation is a good place to start. Good luck with the insurers Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hrv888, given your timescales I suggest going to see a private Physio ASAP. I hurt my knee 6 weeks before a skiing holiday and it was only with the treatment that I got from them that I was able to ski at all. Depending on how bad it (and available funds) going and seeing a consultant privately and if they say it is needed paying for an MRI. Min case it helps when I was in so much agony, non weight bearing but sent home from A&E with a see your GP in 10days but couldn't even get an appointment in less than 2 weeks, I did just that. It didn't cost much over £500 to get two appointments giving a diagnosis and a clear picture of what was needed with MRI scan. If you are self funding make it clear you are as there are often special rates for this.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the replies Smile

I got an x ray and it came back fine but heading doctors tomorrow to get a referral so i can go and get an mri myself asap, in the meantime i'm resting and keeping the weight off..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hrv888, Good plan. You probably need to get it good enough for your doctor to say he is happy for you to ski, in order to satisfy the insurers
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You will need an MRI definitely - x rays only show bone injury really and most knee stuff is soft tissues - my wife did her ACL in France -xray at vast cost said nothing and it wasn't till we got home and paid rather than wait weeks we got anywhere - rapid treatment is the thing on this - carrying on could do more damage still.
My son also tore a cartilage in his knee in France (badminton!) whilst on a ski season had X ray and told to "carry on" -- back home in pain weeks later - surgery needed urgently to stop permanent damage.

don't trust x-rays or the local GP's in France seems to be the message.

Best of luck but get a proper opinion ASAP
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, one of my cousin also had knee injury while playing football. But he showed it to a nice chiropractor and he is fit now. You can also see a nice chiropractor may be he will help you out. He will study you thoroughly and will give you the treatment accordingly. Hope you will like it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy