Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2014/15 season in Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all snowheads,

I am wondering if any of you could help me, myself and a friend are looking to spend the 2014/15 season working in Japan. We have both previously done seasons within Europe and so are quite used to the type of work and are now looking to go abit further a field and experience the Japanese powder which I have heard so much about.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which resorts would be best, or as to companies which we should apply to. Neither of us have any experience in speaking Japanese but if we succeed in finding work intend to do a beginner course.

Thanks for any help!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And what 'type of work' would that be?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you under 30 and elligible for a working holiday visa?

If not, then it's very difficult to get a sponsored visa.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The sort of work generally available in a ski resort - chalet/bar work etc.
And yes we are both under 30 and eligible for a working holiday visa
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can only speak for the Niseko Resort Area of Hokkaido.

Plenty of bar & restaurant work available. Japanese language skills not necessary for many.

Start here

http://nisekojobs.com/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/zao-onsen-ski-resort-lodge-scole%E8%94%B5%E7%8E%8B%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%82%B8%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AC/146530158740203?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline
It's lodge Scole in Zao, Mao who runs the lodge speaks English and usually hires a couple of non Japanese staff, it's a great resort, you get to see the snow monsters,!

Zao is very traditional and will give you a great flavour of Japan.

Also have a look at Snow Japan the site has lots of useful stuff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another place to look at is Hakuba- especially Happo One. Lots of English speakers-mainly Aussies-go there. Though there are probably fewer "English as first language" bars than Niseko, we certainly went to a couple of places-Jack's Sports Bar at the Hakuba Springs hotel comes to mind-all the staff were native english speakers. I would guess the bigger hotels in town will recruit english speakers, and also the ski shops. You may also want to look at the Evergreen Outdoor Centre too-they are a Canadian owned ski school and certainly employ non ski instructor staff in certain roles.
My stepson has just spent his first season instructing there and had an absolute ball!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy