Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help identifying a skiing documentary

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Hopefully I'm in the right place. FuelTV (FoxSports 2) showed an amazing documentary about a group of guys who tried to climb to the summit of a mountain and then ski down. If you could help me find the name of it I would be so grateful. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the mountain, doh.

• FuelTV showed it within the last 12 months, definitely during 2013.
  • The climbers spoke some English, but wasn't their native tongue. The documentary had English narration, but also subtitles sometimes.
  • The group used a helicopter to fly to base camp, then they climbed to a midway point where they had a second camp.
  • 4 people had died attempting a similar climb and descent some years prior.
  • The mountain had frequent bad weather making it difficult to find a couple of days in a row to climb safely
  • Their first attempt had to be abandoned due to a blizzard, and they retreated to the second camp where they dug a cave in the snow and waited it out, working constantly to clear the entrance to make sure they didn't get entombed.
  • Not all of the group ascended, because some were too fearful of the weather.

That's about as much detail as I can remember. If you know the name of it, please share. Smile

Thanks heaps in advance.

Griffyn
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
griffyn, My Dad mentioned watching this, but he didn't know the name of it either (not much help, I know rolling eyes ) but shall be interested to know what it is called as I'd like to see it too.

And welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the welcome.

Any chance he remembers the mountain, or the country or anything more that can help me search the web for it?

I asked FuelTV for a program listing over the past 12 months, but they ignored me.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ahh someone posted that I think on here recently, or I just came across it, was a swedish guy I think. Ok I need to find this out or it will drive me insane!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A couple of skiers have died trying k 2 and a few of the other high karakorums?

Or maybe laila - the shark's fin peak?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Something with Andreas Fransson in it, maybe?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy