Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructing in Europe Speculative Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
Please educate me regarding : instructing in Italia.
As I understand it, or Mis-understand it, to teach in
France ( within a Ski School), I would need:
BASI L2 + Test Technique.
To teach in France independently I need :
BASI L2 + Eurotest, or BASI L3 + Eurotest.
To set up a Ski School in France, I need BASI L4 (ISTD).
Firstly: is this correct ?
Secondly : what level BASI would I need to teach
Independently in Italia ? Ie : with BASI L2, could I teach
Independently in : I Dolomiti ?
This is purely speculative as my friend is starting on the
BASI pathway.
Many Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Basically to teach legally independently you need BASI level 4 as I understand.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So....Is Italy basically the same as France, as far as the Carte Proffessionale type license thing is concerned Puzzled
excuse me spellings Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Your info above for France is incorrect.

To teach within a ski school, you need:
BASIL2 or BASIL3 + Test Technique

However, this only gives you "trainee" status and you must become fully qualified within a time limit of 3-4 years.

To teach independently or set up a ski-school, you need BASI4, which includes the Eurotest.

Italy is complicated as each region has different rules. Broadly, it's much the same as France to be independent.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought Italy was basically Eurotest to enter the instructing system. Otherwise some casual work at L2 with interski. Certainly does not seem to be many BASI instructors working in Italy. Lower mkt demand for Brits and the BASI system is designed to meet French requirements at L4.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy