Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current conditions in St Anton?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know the current conditions in St Anton?

Thinking of going to St Anton this weekend, 9th Dec for 3 days.
Nothing is booked yet apart from flights to Zurich, so we can be flexible as to the resort
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's exactly what I am doing this weekend! The Arlberg was on my list, although places like Saas Fee seem to have had more snow in the last few days. Interested to hear from anyone on the ground...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When we were there on Friday there were only about 3 pistes open (couple more now apparently) but the conditions were surprisingly good. This is probably the most useful site for you:

www.skiarlberg.at

HTH
eng
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was thinking of going to Saas Fee tomorrow - will let you know
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They wont have Rendl open & quite often Gampen is not open this early.

It normally just skiing off the Galzibahn i.e. Osthang & run 8 down to St Christoph.

Its quite limited at this time of the season.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gampen is opne but Kapalbahn is closed (not unuusal)

YOu can check here

http://www.stuben.com/english/index.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, I see that Stuben is not open. Can we expect most of the lifts and pistes (including Lech and Zurs) to be open by Christmas or New Year, weather and snow depth permitting?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It will all be open for the start of Xmas week,
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton, Great news! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, I'm off out to Austria the weekend after next for four days' skiing. St Anton was going to be the destination but my local contact out there is recommending Ischgl instead for this time of year. I'm happy enough since I've not been to either and both sound great. But any comments from anyone who knows both?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snow-forecast has got St. Anton down for a major dump from Thursday onwards .... now i'm always a little reluctant to read anything into their 4-6 days advances but can everyone with vested interests please get their snowHead hats and shoes on and start doing that funky dance now - bring on the white stuff and in as much quantity as possible .... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I just heard there expecting Heavy snow tonight & tomorrow. I let you know Im off down there tomorrow. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm here in very snowy st anton!

Skiied all day today in white out conditions. Very windy too. Only stuff open is Galzig, Gampen and the run down to Nasserein. I also managed to get over to St Christoph but lifts weren't running for the return journey so got a taxi. (I did already know they weren't running by the way, in case you think I'm stupid). Run down was mostly in heavyish wind-blown covering bumps. Not that pleasant when you can't see anything but still better than a day in the office.

Found some sublime powder stashes on the Gampen side here and there so generally am feeling quite pleased for day one of the season.

Seems to have stopped snowing now (6pm) but everyone is saying we'll have more of the same tomorrow (my last day) and possibly well into next week.

doogo, they got it right this time for sure.

I'm off for a beer. Out.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
An epic powder day today. They couldn't open the lifts until late morning but once up there it was awesome. Not many people around and Utah-style powder! Visibilty not that great and windy on top but hey I,m not complaining as I managed to ski untracked for a good few hours.

Just back from the mooserwirt and it is STILL dumping. Anyone coming here next week is going to be in paradise - especially when they open the Valluga, Rendl and the sun comes out. Sadly, that won't be me.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JohnHill, glad that you got some good fluffy stuff to play with before you left ... also glad that you didn't get too much time to play with too much of it Twisted Evil
... 9 days to go, let it snow ....
snow conditions
doogo, out of interest, just took a look at the SCGB snow report for St Anton. Still showing the state of play BEFORE all the new snow - there was more snow on the car bonnet than they are showing for the top station! Anyone looking at that might not get too excited. Wonder how often they update anyway and how fast they react when storms come in. Just shows that if you want a bang up to date snow report this is the place to get it.

Anyway, I suspect you'll have some wonderful conditions to play in. Not jealous at all.
ski holidays
JohnHill, you're showing admirable christmas spirit! thanks for the updates
ski holidays
doogo, I suspect it'll be well tracked out by the time you land.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy