Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RIP to a much loved snowHead

Poster: A snowHead
Many of you are aware of Spyderman’s incredible courage and optimism in the face of serious illness over the last few months.

Sadly, as DCers now know, he lost his hard-fought battle earlier today.

He was hugely loved and admired by many on this forum: for his unfailing generosity and kindness; his enthusiasm for and encyclopaedic knowledge of all manner of things from skiing, to cheese, to music, to Landies, to carpets, to photography, to diving, and to heaven knows what else; for his twinkly sense of fun; and, last but not least, for his adored wife Kitty, good friend to many of us as well.

RIP, dear Spyderman, and most loving thoughts and condolences to his family, especially Kitty, Boywonder, LC and Jill and not forgetting Ruby.

We will miss you so much.

Katherine, Stewart, Helen and all who knew and loved you, Brett.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aww crap, I'd spotted he was ill but had no idea how serious it was. I never met him but from his posts here, he seemed a great guy. My condolences to all his family and friends.

Crying or Very sad

Celebrate his life and remember the good times RIP Spyderman
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RIP Spyderman
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My commiserations from someone who enjoyed his writings and knowledge.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Terrible news. How can we lose somebody who was so full of life? Cancer is a bloody hateful thing. Brett's attitude was a genuine inspiration over the last few months. A couple of photos of a special day from from not so long ago, reposted from DC. Love the photo of Brett and Carol. My deepest, deepest sympathy Sad

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I am going to really miss him.
He always made me laugh, and our poking battles on FB were legendary, although he always won!
A very brave courageous man, I wish I had had a ski with him, my thoughts are with you Kitty and your family, I wish there was something more I could do xx
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Truly upset to hear this. I had hoped he would beat this awful disease, if anyone had the the heart and courage he surely was up to the fight. Sincere condolences to all those who close to him xx
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RIP fellah
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What can one say. Crying or Very sad
A lovely eulogy M xx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Terrible news. Sincerest condolences to all his nearest and dearest. C xx
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Really sorry to hear this! Condolences to family from all at ms.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, I agree, but I can't take the credit for it - it was written by Katherine.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am also very sad to hear this news. I never met Sypderman, nor engaged in many discussions with him on here, but one of the DCers came to stay with me recently and mentioned that he was ill but being relentlessly positive in the face of an awful situation. I of course knew instantly who she was talking about, because - even for a relative newbie who has never been on a bash - he was so clearly a much-loved and fundamental part of the snowHead community. So I say, in all sincerity, that this is a sad news for everyone to hear - even those who might never have been on his radar as someone who would have cared.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very sorry to hear the news Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I heard the news today from - of all places - Facebook. I'm so, so sorry to hear of Spyderman's passing, and proud to have called him a friend. The red carpet has surely been rolled out for you at the celestial premiere...
snow conditions
What can one say. Crying or Very sad
A lovely eulogy M xx
ski holidays
Shocked just saw this on FB. Gobsmacked

That's awful. met him in person at Hemel only a few times . He brought knowledge and character and style to the forum. A real gentleman. Goodbye Brett. Bloody awful. Just awful. Poor kitty.
latest report
Very sorry to hear this, had a great day freezing my tits off in his landrover 18 months or so back. A thoroughly nice chap.
snow conditions
Michelle, well said. Very sad Sad
ski holidays
Deepest sympathy to Kitty and everyone else close to Spyderman.
snow report
Sorry to hear this. I didn't know he was ill, but had noticed he hadn't been about on here for a while. Sincere condolences to his family. RIP Spyderman.
snow conditions
Terrible news. Still can't quite believe it.

My deepest sympathies to all the family.
snow report
Wow, didn't know he was ill (I log on SH a few times a week). Really sorry to hear. I know him only from his posts, but really enjoyed reading them. RIP
ski holidays
Really sorry to read this news, condolences to Kitty and the family.
ski holidays

His last carpet.

Appropriate, I think Sad
snow report

And one more Sad
snow conditions
Kitty please accept my most sincere condolences. Brett was someone I considered a friend as well a ski instructor, he was the first person to ever instruct me in a snow dome and gave me a piece of advice that I still go through when I am on the snow - Brett, I'll keep pedalling! RIP
ski holidays
So very sorry to hear the news, RIP chap, thoughts are with Kitty and all the family Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apparently a bloke has just turned up at the pearly gates in a Landrover with a red carpet under his arm. He was eating a liquorice ice cream and jelly babies. Peter has let him in, but only if he behaves himself. wink

RIP Brett
snow conditions
RIP my Masonic twin.....a lovely bloke
ski holidays
Quote:

but only if he behaves himself

Can't see him lasting long up there then wink
ski holidays
So sorry to hear this sad news. RIP Spydie! Met him just once on a bash, great bloke. Condolences to all his family. Sad.
latest report
RIP Mr Sad
snow report
Terrible news, I never met him but he was a fantastic snowhead, really liked how he came across, genuinely upset to hear this. Sympathies to kitty. RIP.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, A big +1 Very Happy
snow report
A couple of photos from our ski trip before Christmas:

Spyderman
ski holidays
Sad
Sincere condolences..
snow report
I hadn't met Spyderman but always enjoyed his contributions to the forum. RIP and sincere condolences.
ski holidays
I'll miss him. Only met once, but never forgotten for his contributions on here. Very sad.
latest report
Great guy. Brave man. RIP.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy