Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Minimum age for uk races?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son has done a few races in France this winter whilst we've been on hols - one regional race, a flèche and a chamois. He's keen to do more racing and it would be nice if he could keep it going through the summer. However, he
was born in 2007 which, on all the races I've looked at in the UK, appears to be too young to race.

Is this really the case? Does anyone know of races which don't have the 'not open to those born in 2007 or later' or is this a UK requirement?

Cheers
Dave
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It may depend on where you are in the uk. My daughter who is a 2007 baby will be going into her second season of dry slope racing in the southern region (www.srsa.org.uk) this summer.

My suggestion is that you contact your local dry slope club. They will have a regular race timetable and will be able to advise you on what is available
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
National races are only open to those with Year of Birth 2006 or earlier. But there a plenty of regional and local races which accept younger kids. For example in the Telford Club race, on 23d May the youngest age category is U6 (i.e. born in 2009 and 2010).

As TonySmith has already said, get in touch with the club at your local slope - they should know what is going on....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowdave, Where are you based ? We can probably point you in the right direction.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for the responses. I'm in Essex, and brentwood ski slope is nearby so I think we'll go there as first port of call; I know they have an active club and welcome kids. Hemel is another option but 1h30 round trip once a week vs 10 mins...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Brentwood club is now called Essex ski race club; they are part of the ERSA region. http://www.ersa.co.uk/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The ERSA summer race league seems to allow skiers born in 2007 to compete:
http://www.ersa.co.uk/sites/default/files/racing/results/2014/AgeGrps_2014.pdf
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks. I hadn't seen any races that included the u8 class, but will look more closely. I had started out by looking at what I guess are the bigger races, so fingers crossed there will be something for him regionally. Neither I nor he are overly fussed about the scale of race, he's just developed a fascination with swerving around poles in competition with a clock... From my perspective, a potentially ruinous fascination Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The first league race of the season is at Welwyn/Gosling in a few weeks time (10th May). ERSA look after the kids well and new racers will get taken thru the course my the masters group so they know where they should be going.

My son is planning to do most of the ERSA's this season; I'll be on 1st Aid duty at Welwyn.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy